Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are looking to train folks who are brand new to Canvas, and are now in an extremely awkward situation, because all of the Canvas instructor guides show images of the old RCE. We are stuck trying to explain to some no-so-savvy instructors why it is...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am very, very new to Canvas!  I created a shell and need to add another person to it as an editor.  How do I do that and how do I send them access to join as an editor?Did I say that I was very, VERY new to this???  LOL!  Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with microphone and webcam functionality with the Conferences tool? We are seeing it freeze Chrome browser to the point of needing to restart the computer.  It is probably related to BBB but I can't find anythin...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I find a fellow teacher's files?  She developed them earlier, but is now sharing with 12th grade team for online units. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you get Canvas to transfer a "completed" assignment as a "collected" assignment in PowerSchool using Grade Passback?  The issue is that when you mark the student assignment complete, it shows up with points as a "0" and if you edit the assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Welcome to Canvas! You don't have any courses, so this page won't be very exciting for now. Once you've created or signed up for courses, you'll start to see conversations from all of your classes. Hi,I cant access my course anymore! can you please h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I went ahead and sync my grades (MyMCPS) with my schools gradebook (Pinnacle gradebook). Now it appears my grades are doubled in the gradebook. How do I unsync the grades from MyMCPS and the schools Pinnacle gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I send an email to all the students in my class? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to create a table in quizzes. The table needs to be 18 by 18, the cells are equal size. I have edited the html code to try to create a table of this size. I get a warning that the question exceeds the max size (16384). Below is the co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I have 26 students in one class. When they submit their assignment, usually I am able to see it on speedgrader and grade it. But I have noticed that out of 26 students, only 4 students' work is showing up. Also, I just gave them a quiz. Again,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How i send the Assignment creared in canvas to student ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A question I get frequently is how to mute notifications for courses, specifically courses where they're teachers but not doing the grading. Canvas rolled out the option to mute course notifications, which is a great option for staff. Unfortunately, ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi all,I have a question from an institute who'd like to switch off all analytics and therefore, also the analytics from BigBlueButton. Up until now, I have not found out if this can be done, and if it can be done, how to do so.. Anybody here to help...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My colleague, who supports Zoom in our administrative group who don't use Canvas, is asking why we should use the Zoom integration with Canvas. He thinks it would be just as effective to create the meeting in the Zoom app or on the Zoom website and t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Guys,Hope everyone is managing levelthreedom well!! I have several questions based on integrating chatbots into canvas.1. Has anyone had any success integrating any outside web based chatbot like snatchbot into canvas other than using iframes?2. O...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a dual credit student at Cisco College. Around this time is the time to complete the course evaluations for each of my three courses. However, I am being asked for a username and password that I do not have to be able to complete the course eval...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I substitute an updated document in an existing online course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Creating a quiz in canvas: Once students open a quiz with no time limit, can they interrupt entering answers, save their work, and continue later?ThanksCarlos E. CuevasEvans School of Public Policy and Governance

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do recordings in Collaborate Ultra expire?I have done several lectures and recorded them, since the shutdown. But I just checked and there are only 2 remaining in my "Recorded Sessions"I searched for my answer in the Blackboard Q&A guide page and fou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add a teacher to a canvas course I created

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the introduction page located as indicated in M8.3

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you change the YouTube search box so I can paste a URL for a video into it and it will find the video it links to? I'm sick of my videos looking wonky because search will find some videos, but then when I search for other ones- even if I use the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My teaching team and I have a Canvas page and we had a few people linked as Observers. When they remove themselves from the group they do not show up in the list of prior enrollments. How can I see who has been enrolled in my course as an observer in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Two students in my class are unable to see appointments on the calendar. Everyone else can see them and sign up for conferences, meetings etc. Why? And how can I fix it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created the quiz with unlimited attempts, but I have this e mail from a student"I just tried to continue Lab 47, and it also submitted it before I was finished. Usually assignments like this allowed you to do part of it and come back later, so that...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

want all the comments to go to whatever account is directly related to the course.  I am not sure how all those commentsgot to my [hone. Can you assist?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I import questions from my quizzes into a final exam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I import quizzes from blackboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do parents connect with their students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to unlock an assignment - new user

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies