Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,I've entered all classes and teachers onto canvas, but one teacher/course doesn't show?   Do you know why that would be?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use a lot of announcements and copy them from course to course. Is there a way to adjust the 'delay posting' dates for all the announcements in one place (without having to go in and edit each announcement individually)?Thanks - couldn't find this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why isn't the settings tab available for a course that is imported from the SIS?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I can't get the annotation tools to show in my Canvas DocViewer. I can see the rubric and document, plus all the tools up to the full screen arrow (see pic), but can't figure out how to get the annotation tools. Any help will be appreciated. Thank...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Video AnalyticsQuestion: I have posted a video for students to watch, and I'm inquiring whether there is a way to determine which students watched the video in canvas? whether they watch the entire video? or anything to that extent.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone. There's probably an easy answer to this:Is there a way to link from a Page (or Discussion, etc.) to a scheduled Zoom meeting under the Zoom tab?So, for instance, I've set up my first morning of material like this:It's easy to do inter...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas conference recording is ready it says. Where do I go to see it/find it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to wrap my head around assignment rubrics. I can create and edit new ones. I know how to delete them. Maybe a bit about my background may impact this: I support many faculty; I create new rubrics in their courses sometimes. I create new ru...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I teach at CSUN. I use canvas. I have used the Respondus test item writing platform for years. In the past several years certain functions have bombed out such as the grade transfer from Respondus to canvas. This semester the item writing function sh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our class ended but students could not take their state test due to COVID-19. We will schedule the state test later but I want students to be able to review the material and take quizzes and exams multiple times. I need to extend the semester to allo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to use Speedgrader for my Final Math  Quiz.  All my questions are in the canvas program for quizzes and at assignments also.  How do I set up the questions with answers in Speedgrader so that it would correct my Final Quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had created an assignment and used Submission Type: External Tool. I was presented withExternal Tool OptionsEnter or find an External Tool URL .I had entered the URL, completed the assignment unit setup, saved, and then proceeded to click on the as...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Are there answer keys so I can grade more quickly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How do I as a principal send a global message to all my students in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I turn on a notification sound for email in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear colleagues,When moving all assessment online in context of the current COVID-19 lockdown, we will use Canvas quizzes for partial assessment in some of our courses. We'd like to prohibit backtracking, only (to be a bit lenient toward students) no...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to make sure every student provides an essay answer to a question so I want to use a graded quiz.  I also want those answers to be visible to all students for a class on-line discussion. Can Canvas automatically post to a predetermined discuss...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question in a quiz that I just want to give credit for just posting any answer.  Can Canvas do that automatically?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello,In the past few days, Canvas announcements have stopped showing up in my Gmail inbox. I have checked the Notification Preferences settings and looked through my spam and trashed folders, but they still are not showing up. Due to this I missed o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was editing one of my modules, I finished and hit saved.  When I went to look at the page, some of my words were missing.  But, clearly if I back to edit all my words are there.  Why are some of my text is missing?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,This is my first semester using canvas to administer tests. Being in social isolation, I had to teach myself a lot about using the formula options for quiz questions. I am a lead teacher and had to create a final for a course. This has been pro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I eliminate or hide the "Total"  and "Assignments" columns from Gradebook? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can't I see analytic data from students in group homepage activities?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my Spanish assignment, why does it say 502 bad gateway at the bottom? It's supposed to come up with flipgrid so that I can record a video but now all of a sudden it doesn't work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a parent/observer, and have access to my child's Canvas.  However, what I see for his assignments and grades does not match what he sees, as in there are assignments he has turned in and that have been graded, but I still see them as missing wit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how to create analytics for a group of students by class

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have attached a loom video explaining my confusion

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any easy way to change weighted buckets without going through all of my assignments and unclosing them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help- i want kids to be able to put accents on quiz questions in Canvas easily- I prefer a pasted in keyboard with each question on my part and not having them add a keyboard

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I fix a broken link? Please see attachment below.Sincerely,Chris

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies