Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

What is the best way to make all tests have the same weight when they have a different number of questions?  Canvas seems to weight the test based on the number of questions.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

#easy loginI want a clear guide for my students to easily login. Can you show me a step by step guide 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! One of our instructors has created a Peer Review Discussion and now would like to see a sort of compendium of all the Peer Reviews each student received. This resulting average would account for part of the grade she'll assign. Is there a way to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set up an assignment and students have already submitted. I now realise that a rubric needs to be set up for the examiners but I cannot see the option to add in a rubric now. Can this be added in after an assignment already has submissions? Is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Been getting loads of notifications in my inbox about class invitations even after deactivating them on my notification settings . This is clogging up my gmail account and my Teneo school inbox and makes me miss any important notificationsplease help...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to let students see previous attempts of their quiz, but without showing whether their answers were correct?I have a couple of students in my group that did not get the time for the exam they were entitled to. I would like to offer the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How i can consult with Canvas LMS  Open source Advisor ? Wanted to understand how we can use the Product and Legal matters associated with it ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

on the course or module cover page , how do remove the colour ? i have attached the image its not clean as there is a colour covering it 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set a quiz so that each new attempt contains the results of the previous attempts and then builds on those previous attempts which then allows the student in the latest attempt to only work on just those questions that were answered incorrec...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good evening,I am looking to set up my canvas page for my summer course so that the grade percentages are as follows:Quizzes = 10%Lecture Exams = 40%Lab Exams = 35% Final Exam = 15%I prefer to have these assignments worth a percentage value rather th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

QuizzesI am making a quiz and typing in my questions and answers. I have some questions already in and want to add others, as I am adding questions to the quiz. The quiz is not published yet. When I go in and try to add questions, it does not save th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I download a rubric into a word document? How?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had all my students' work set up in assingments, then decided it would be better to have it all in modules. I copied the assignment tasks into the modules, but now I have 2 copies of everything in my mark books. If I delete the assignments, will it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, can I change the order of my quizzes on the Quizzes page? I am able to do that on the Assignments page, but I can't figure it out on the Quizzes page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A student is asking, "What do I do if I have multiple Portfolium accounts?" I searched the guides and cannot find the answer. Is there an answer to this question somewhere I can direct a student to discover?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For your quizzes and exams, do you typically present questions one at a time or all at once? What should I take into account when deciding between these two options?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Your quiz score is unavailable because your instructor has not finished grading it. When your instructor finishes grading this quiz, your score will be available on this page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using Quizzes 2 and, once the due date passes for the quiz or test, the grade policy won't apply to these quizzes or tests.  The grading policy is to apply a 0 to all missing submissions.  It works for assignments, but not for quizzes.  Is there ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, How to arrange grading quizzes   with dropping the worst? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I transfer a module from one course to another and keep the assignment date?  Right now when I transfer it all the dates disappear and I have to put them back in in the new course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Course CHC33015. Course number 249196-1. Certificate III in Individual support.2 questions related to CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services,1. What could make marked assignments to disappe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Realicé el curso virtual gratis de Ambientes Digitales de Aprendizaje y en la evaluación final obtuve el puntaje establecido para recibir la certificación , pero al ingresar a la plataforma ya no tengo acceso al curso y no sé dónde se puede descargar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I shuffle the answers in multiple choice questions when the correct answer is always first?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Edit assignment in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to know if students are at least listening to class discussions, even if they don't actively participate. Can I track when they log-in to a feature and when they close it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created labs and worksheets through the Quizzes function.  How do I rename this function "Worksheets" and "Lab Report"?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Below is what students are seeing when they try to access a quiz in Canvas. When checked from teacher view, it works. When using Student View, it worked. Then it did not. We tried to update the link, redo the quiz, etc and it worked briefly then this...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do students have access to course materials after the semester ends?  how long?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to take unpublished assignments out of the gradebook.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had to be a teacher on file and students from another class were merged into my course and are now mixed in with all my students. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies