Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Do students have access to course materials after the semester ends?  how long?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to take unpublished assignments out of the gradebook.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had to be a teacher on file and students from another class were merged into my course and are now mixed in with all my students. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I download in a zip file all the student essays that have been uploaded, I see that almost all if not all are docx files. Windows however is only giving me a word count with a few of them, which makes me think that Canvas is coverting these file...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Cuando abro Speed Grader para corregir una tarea, sólo aparece el trabajo enviado, el cintillo superior con los datos del alumno y el envío, la barra derecha con el espacio para el comentario general, el recuadro de la calificación y los otros detall...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When grading work in Speedgrader, how can I include codes like "missing" or "excused" that will sync with PTP?  I know they are options within the Canvas gradebook, but it is cumbersome to have to remember that a student was excused from an assignmen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment in under assignment menu. How can I move it to a weekly module so students can see it in module rather than under the assignments? When I try adding the assignment to my module, it does not appear under selection to add to my mod...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I would like to know exactly what "participation" means under the analytics, for example, does it mean they submitted an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I an trying to use Turnitin to check the integrity of a paper submitted to me as an email attachment. Please help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Where do the recordings go when recording a conference with Big Blue Button? Everything I have seen says the recording should show up under Concluded Conferences (beneath the title of the conference) but they aren't there...even days later. Any advic...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I did not receive an email registration confirmation. I did check my spam. Any suggestions?tbrownfield@swcrk.org

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the past, I've had students turn in assignments with Turn-it-In, and I've created a list of QuickMarks that can be used repeatedly. After grading a few assignments, I've had a Graduate Assistant (added to the class as a TA) use my QuickMark file a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Im working on a Mac, while i get into the canvas site, when clicking on dashboard no content shows up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot figure out how to write a formula question for the following:1. -log(2.35 x 10-12)=    with -12 being an exponent.  The answer would be 11.63The variable [x] could be the coefficient 2.35, the exponent, or the entire number.  The minimum and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to annotate PP presentations and Speed Grader tools are not uploading correctly. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to know if anyone is using Pearson Realize and/or Pearson Realize LTI with Canvas.  I would like to know how your teachers are accessing the content; whether it's directly from Pearson Realize on an external website or Pearson Realize LTI dire...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm trying to email the whole class for a summer 2020 course. Students are signed up and listed. But when I generate a new email, it only brings up the 2 instructors (me being one) and no student option?thank you, Theresa Snelling

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i upload a picture or video for my assignment 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i post a test with figures in it?  The figure is not included!Like this:What reagents yield the desired product?                   1) CH3CH2CH2CH2Cl, AlCl32) Br2, FeBr3  1) CH3CH2CH2COCl, AlCl32) NH2NH2, KOH, Δ3) Br2, FeBr3  1) Br2, FeBr32) CH...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the Sync to Skyward button? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get a video you recorded in rich content editor back if you accidentally deleted it and then saved ? Where is it kept?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I believe I have successfully assigned problems (a quiz) from ck-12, but I cannot view the results of the students.  I know some students have completed and submitted the quiz and I did as a test student too, but am unable to find results.  #ck-12Wha...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I need help about the "Teacher's diary" tool. Is it something where the teacher save notes and ideas about a particular student? Or have the students access to it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I remove myself from old, concluded courses? Every course that I have ever been enrolled as a teacher still shows up on my course listings. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up an assignment to manual posting (can see the eye with the cross in the gradebook). Then, after the students submitted work, I graded their work on SpeedGrader on my iPad. When I went to post the grades, I saw that some grades had already bee...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a module with 12 components in it and I need to put in into a second canvas shell for another class.How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to be able to award students badges with Badgr. How can I add those to my BLEND page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned a discussion. Students have responded. Now, I want to change the following options: 1) points possible 2) display grade as 3) assignment group. Can I do this? Will student submissions be lost?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why are my graded papers showing zero instead of the percentage grade I entered in Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to access my certificate and CEs for PH 3.0/Accreditation #2.  It says I need a promotion code.  Where do I find the code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies