Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to download data concerning how much time each student spent on a quiz? I've found the average completion time per section in the "Quiz Summary," but it doesn't give a standard deviation or individual student data. I thought I could ge...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I completely delete myself from Canvas? I am getting way too many emails that is hard to keep up with. Emails with zero information on EVERYTHING!  Example; When Canvas sends me an email on an assignment graded, it doesn't tell me the grade. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Previously when I would set up a conference on bigblue button there would be a phone number our students could use to call in if they weren't able to log online. It isn't showing up anymore - has this feature been removed? If so, what are my options ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm asking on behalf of a student in one of my small group classes. I've placed all of my students in groups on our Canvas page, and they were seeming to work fine, but just today my student reported that the tab or link to "groups" on the front ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I make corrections on an assignment in Speedgrader using the available tools on a .pdf document, students are not able to see my corrections. How do I change this so students are able to see the corrections on an assignment?The attachment show m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to view the pretest scores in alpha order by last name to determine attendance for last week.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In this world of distance learning, I would like to know if it is possible to invite a guest to a Conference on Canvas (Big Blue Button) who is not listed in the course.  My 'people' in the course consist of students, parent observers, support staff,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i show the students their letter grade. They will not stop asking me

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

show letter grade

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the "Inbox messenger" feature; Why do students get read receipts, but we as instructors don't. I feel it would be beneficial if we could see if a student reads a message and ignores it, or if they genuinely didn't see the message. If this feature ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I write Spanish accent marks on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to access the content in the class agri x013. Turf grass pathology.  I select the module and lessons, but nothing shows up in my screen.  I am using safari.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach at two different colleges,  (different District)How can I copy my existing Sandbox from district 1 to district 2?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Strange question.... when a teacher gives feedback on an assignment, the student can see that on their Dashboard under "Recent Feedback." When the student clicks on that, they can see the feedback and then add a comment of their own. They might see a...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Canvas - under Quizzes I have two QuizzesQuiz 1     ---  10 questionsQuiz 2     ---  15 questionsHow do I merge these two quizzes in one quiz , rename it Quiz 3 with 25 questions

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-11-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Some students do not see my comments.  What do I or they need to change in settings? Or is this a technical issue?Scott Young

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I make grades invisible to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get ride of the eye icon next to announcements so people in course can see the announcments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add extra time at the beginning of a quiz for just one student before the scheduled time for the class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am trying to access the social media course. When I click on Modules nothing is available. Thanks in advance for your help.-Corina

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recently deleted a lot of unpublished modules that I will not be using in my modules.  I was hoping that they would also disappear in my gradebook so that I can see the grades of only those assignments that we have assigned or will assign. Currentl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded file to my assignment as student which was wrong file how i can remove it or replaced it ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I screen share on my laptop in Conference all I see is a maze of many windows making the feature unusable. How can that be fixed?Scott

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am putting my email into the "forgot my password" feature and hitting "request password, and I am never getting an email back from the system. I tried multiple times yesterday and then even tried again today. This is really not working for me that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello:One of my students indicates while taking a quiz she was kicked out of the system and she could not go back in.  Thus, I need help re-opening the quiz for the student.  The quiz was set up so students could only take it once within a 7 day peri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If using Quiz function as a method for creating a student assignment and have settings as per below - the students should be able to immediately see their results as they complete the quiz correct? If in the 'gradebook' the assignment is muted would ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i'm using laptop to enter my class. How do I video/audio connect/interface to the class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

im using the app not the web browser

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I accidentally deleted some stuff from my to-do list... how do i get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  I found a guide about how to add a picture to a discussion post if you are a student.As a student teacher using an ipad, I’m trying to create a discussion board.  I want to add some pictures in the creating of the discussion board.  So I have...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies