Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, two of my quizzes marks are not appearing in my gradebook

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm working on a quiz in 'New Quizzes" and pulling questions from question banks.When I add a bank set, there doesn't seem to be a problem. But when I try to specify random selection of any number of questions from the bank, it fails to save that way...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have just finished marking all my students exams in the Speedgrader.. I was trying to get the average score with mean and median (as we used to be able to do in Blackboard)- so went intuitively for "grade curver"BIG MISTAKE!! That has now converted...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I am creating a New Quiz and I want to do random number of questions from a test bank. This normally works just fine, but now for two different question sets, it is telling me "failed to update quiz entry" when I try. It lets me enter all of th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

After successfully importing questions to the new item banks in New Quizzes, I tried to create a quiz and pull random questions from a bank of 118. I get "Failed to update quiz entry" error. I created quizzes last week..no problem. This error just st...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,   I want to know if is it possible in a free teaching account to upload a CSS file to my account so I could change some styling,Thanks,JM

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that I am supposed to have a blue submit work button, but it is not there and I am being flooded with confused emails on what to do. I have tried everything I know to do and I can't find an answer. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how do I join the course of another instructor? I have the passcode to join, but I am not sure how to do so.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the name of a folder?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am syncing my assignments from MyLab Math to Canvas. For some reason, some recent assignments won't sync, even though assignments I assigned before and after are syncing. How can I get them to sync?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you make an assignment locked until the prior assignment is submitted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

make an assignment available only after submission of prior assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to restore a course on Canvas that has previously been withdrawn on VETtrak? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2024 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot get my google form to link to the words "quick check" on my page. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the recommended way to do layout in the new RCE? We have just begun migrating our LMS to Canvas.Some of our teachers want to keep the look of their pages built in the drag-and-drop editor of the other LMS; at least initially, until they feel ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am having some issues with syncing.  We have created content in the blueprint, then synced it and pushed it out to the respective classes.  However when we do this one class doesn't get the updates.  Andy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In our Canvas instance, my role is Admin and part of my duties include creating images and videos for our courses. When I've uploaded the files they keep my id as owner. When I add the videos to a Page, I see the full list of videos in the right side...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Friends,We want upgrade bigbluebutton to premium, present it's limit 10 conferences video call.Please guide me how to do?an Email for contact with bigbluebutton or any thing we can.thank you!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyoneWe are using Announcements as a way of communicating a weekly schedule with students.  Some staff are opting to open these up for comments.  Had a few staff ask if they will receive an email if a students respond to their announcement with...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How many people can virtually attend using Canvas Conferencing?  Is there a max capacity?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do students have to integrate Google drive through their individual accounts or is that something that the administrators can do globally.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I email an entire class with one blanket email?  How can I email everyone enrolled in my classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I copy a module to another section of the same course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed that announcements I made last week are no longer in the Announcement field. Why would they disappear? How can I check if they actually were posted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I embed a Google Doc?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

So I learned the hard way not to copy a quiz and think I'm starting from scratch. I need to move the video recording I had in the previous quiz to a new quiz. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’d like to have students send me reports on assigned labs, & I would like to grade them, include comments & send the grades reports back to them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I paste an image that I have on my snipping tool for a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I created an assignment group. Ok.Now I will apply a quiz, individual, and the box 'Assignment Grupo' in the Quiz appears is filled with the group name and the quiz automatically appears in the Assigment area.I am unrestly unsure that the stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way in canvas to take an existing quiz and save it as a new quiz version so I can then go in and modify questions without actually creating a new exam from scratch?I am asking this, because it is nice to have a different versions of a quiz...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies