Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I allow the student to see the quiz they submitted after it is corrected

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In classic quizzes, I want to be able to set an until date to match the due date, but after the until date passes I want students to be able to view their attempt and see which questions they got right or wrong (for studying purposes); I do not want ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have specific solutions I'd like to display next to the essay question to be graded for the TA's to grade.  I can create "rubrics" but they're for the whole quiz.  Is there a way to show the "solution" for the essay so graders have it visible while...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to link a survey monkey url to an assignment and I get a message that says: couldn't find valid settings for this link.  How do I recover my assignment and make the survey monkey link work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

buen día, al realizar un examen, hay manera de evitar que los alumnos puedan alternar entre ventanas con la intención de buscar la respuesta en internet, y si lo hacen que se les cancele el examen en automático, gracias por su apoyoTranslation from G...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download the registered students' names to an excel file?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one quiz that is not showing up in "Grades". Is it because the due date has not passed yet? Is there any way to let future quizzes show in the "Grades"?Today's date: April 24, 2020Quiz that doesn't show up in grades:publishedstudents have take...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas experts. I'm looking for a way for students to enter activity hours completed to receive credit for the course. These activities will not be mandatory for each student, but the hours allocated to each activity will be preset (Activity A=...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I move pages from a course I taught last year to this year's course?  I am wondering if there is a faster way than copying and pasting each one.Thanks,Kathie

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students be given ownership of their own attendance?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Under course progress, for only one of my students the grades wont save. What should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I give Canvas permission to use my mic and camera when I, as a student, try to record a video in discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can the New quiz have scientific notation used in formula questions? I thought it could last i tried.It doesn't seem to take numbers like 1E-10 or 1x10^-10. It does seem to like big numbers like 1E10.If not I may go bang my head on a rock for a few a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where's teach? looking on instructors page left side - is there a drop down -- help new clinical instructor !!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Uploading a screenshot?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I registered as a teacher and I should have registered as a student.  Can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey everyone! I've been doing some testing on Graded Discussions on Canvas and I find that SpeedGrader makes using Graded Discussions so easy, as all of the posts/responses from one student can be seen in one place.I was wondering: is there was a way...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can my students see comments I have made on their documents they have turned in?  Several of my students are telling me they cannot see the small comment boxes in the margins.  I highlight the segment of the document then open the comment box on ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I check the draft of my paper for plagiarism before turning it to the instructor?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I add a voice recording to an assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I disable Assignments in the navigation column, so students can see it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My district has a license for Turnitin, but it is not showing up as an external tool (I seem to be the only one with this issue). I tried to add the app, but it asks for a Consumer Key and Shared Secret - no one at my school seems to know what these ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been able to successfully input formulas into my Quiz (not New Quiz) using multiple variables.  I can successfully enter Eulers rule for faces, vertices, and edges  (V+F-2=E) solving for E.However, I cannot get it to work for solving for the n...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Why do editing tools disappear from gradebook for some submissions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I retrieve a quiz that I deleted by accident?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find the log for seeing what pages/websites students access when in Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a single student in a different Canvas course that I provide Reading services to.  She is in a course that I manually created as she cannot be rostered into my district created reading course.  While I can integrate in Canvas, and duplicate th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't see the screenshots my teacher posts on the quizzes, how do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the peer review function, if I have assigned the automatically through Canvas, how is the student notified of who they are to review, and do the peers review the student's paper in the speed grader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Okay Michael Arocho, I hope this question is more specific for you.  I figured out how to create a quiz in Canvas (eLearn was much easier) but now I can't figure out where to add the answers to my 10 questions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies