Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can you add things like Poplet, kahoot, whiteboard fox etc to canvas to do collaborations?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On an upcoming test most students will get 150 minutes - 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. on April 28.  Four students need to be allowed an extra 75 minutes, or 225 minutes total until 11:15 p.m.  What data should be typed in the Details section for the te...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher that set a quiz up yesterday to be open for about 40 minutes in the morning, yet someone was able to access it at 5:14 pm and take the quiz then. I have checked with her:1. The kid didn't open it during the available time and leave i...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I put a comment in a students grade book for some reason it goes to other students grade book under comments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I create a file upload assignment, the student submissions can be graded inline, and the workflow is smooth and easy.If I create a quiz with a file upload question, the student submissions cannot be viewed nor graded inline.  This process is awkwa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to track and communicate with students who are not viewing or participating with the content. I view New Analytics-Weekly Online Activity-then I look at the information by week; example April 19-April 26. I had previously been using this ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I edit a comment left in feedback section of Speed Grader?  I made a mistake and I don't want to delete the entire comment but want to edit only a portion of it.  It looks like all I can do is delete the comment and start over.  That is not he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I accidentally deleted an assessment that I'm more proud of than others I've made, and it was accidentally deleted because the trackpad on my school-issued laptop is overly sensitive to put it nicely.Any help would be welcome. I am so upset right now...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I give one student extra time to do an exam/quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have to create some content pages in my Canvas course with video links, which I wanna share with specific section of my course. How can I hide the content page from other section students?Note: I have 10+ sections created in my Canvas course.*

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiHow do l update my profile and my notifications

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been using "Canvas" + "Conference" which open a tab and ran "Big Blue Button" for my online sessions with my classes. I need to clarify I did not use:  "TechConfer", "ZOOM", nor did I use any other variation of online meeting. I used "Canvas" ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I setup canvas lms on my local device http://localhost:3000/accounts/2/sis_import I want to import users infomation to canvas lms, the file users.csv i downloaded from https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12585-4214164118 But when i running, it n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am investigating cases of plagiarism on an assignment and need to download ALL submissions for that assignment (a file upload) from all students, NOT just the most recent submission for each student.It would be completely unreasonable in terms of m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like students to be able to record (audio) themselves talking about a picture within an assignment or quiz and then to upload their recording. Now while the recorder within the rich content editor is normally pretty good, it does not allow th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My colleague wanted to enrol to a course provided by Canvass. Unfortunately she type mispelled email add, she didn't received any confirmation with regards to her enrolment. What should we do? Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to insert video in a canvas quiz question

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a setting to limit discussion posts to one possible post? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow a student to retake a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to convert a page into an assignment page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to create a multiple choice quiz for Chemistry. How do I have arrows in some of the choice answers?As you can see below the question comes pastes with no arrows from word doc to canvas. Little squares show up really...Example: Which of the fol...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to set the default annotation tool?I'm grading a few hundred tests, and I'm using the Point Annotation tool exclusively. However, whenever I'm done with a student's test and go to a new student (or another file that the student has sub...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I sort essays by date submitted in speedgrader? If so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can a student access a graded quiz or test to view their correct and incorrect answers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team, can anyone advise whether you can disable email notifications being automatically sent when you post an 'announcement' in a group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use the video tool

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI currently have the grade posting policy set to Manual on an assignment. I want to release the results on a set date. How can I do this ? I know I can go in on a set date and click Post...but i want to be able to set a date so i dont have to remem...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was taking a quiz, and when I hit submit, the following page failed to load. So I had to refresh my quiz page, which led me to my submission page. My quiz was submitted, but were my answers affected? As in, were they cleared or anything of that sor...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to use complete/incomplete for distance learning and set up your grade book so if students who don't submit online work automatically get a zero?  I'd like to see who is doing partial work which I score as incomplete verses a zero for ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to track which students make comments in a discussion?  I sure is a way, but i just cant find it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies