Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can previous year's courses be "hidden" at the admin level? I am finding it difficult when searching for a course to scroll through all the past years' courses. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course has concluded and my students are marked as having completed the course when I look them up in "People" from my Admin page.  However, when I "act as user" for one of my students and go to their Dashboard, the course is not listed as a compl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to log into the beta site for our school Canvas. Every time I try to log in, it says invalid username and password. I know I have the right credentials because I can get into Canvas with them.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Just checking on a procedure for opening more storage space in Discussions. Students are getting a warning in posting shared file in Discussions – see attachment “Discussions” My patch was to go to my Account > Files and selected an old course and de...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas has been a life-saver for shifting my hybrid high school courses to an online-only format through the end of this school year, but GOSH, I would really, really like to be able to play some interactive Jeopardy Labs (JeopardyLabs - Online Jeopa...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to insert a picture into a quiz without using the embed feature?  It is a jpg file that I have stored on my computer that I would like to add to a quiz and I can't seem to find how to do that.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-24-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I only have 5.2 GB. I am now working from home and doing my entire course online. Which means all my Lectures are now video files. I have exceeded my file limit. How do I get more GB? I have alot more content and videos to upload.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a multiple step problem, a quiz would ask for input of values at various stages of the calculation. In grading, we would need to grade the latter portions according to their responses to earlier questions.Very Simplified example of what we're tryi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using the existing online tools like the instructor guide and the handy guide created by an individual, I've been able to figure out most of what I've needed to figure out to manage the peer review options in Canvas, however, I'm still left with a fe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone! Hopefully someone can help. My classmate and I recorded a Zoom presentation (80.7 MB) and for our class we need to create a discussion post in Canvas and attach the file so our classmates can watch the presentation and discuss it. Howeve...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas question. I haven't been able to find answer in Canvas guides or online help. Quiz and the students were not allowed to see their answers until later.After the students took the test, in the quiz banks, I put correct answers in the little boxe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

All students have submitted their assignment on time. Some of them have a clock sign instead of the green square. When I click on it, it directs me the same way as the green square to the paper. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I installed the CK12 app with the code etc but I don't know how teachers can access it for material. My other apps show in the external tools when we are the editor or show in the menu. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In assignments, I need an option under "submission type" that is different from those in the drop-down menu.  All my assignments are presented live in class (on Zoom right now) in the form of oral presentations or debates.  I am forced to select a su...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a conference is there a way to have groups within a course for example 6th grade students, 7th grade students, etc or a conference for a specific block of students instead of having to individually select what students you want to invit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Problem: CANVAS discussion was designed for multiple groups, and the groups were deleted after the discussions were submitted and graded. Though individual student submissions are visible in SpeedGrader, the "overall conversation" is gone. Note: the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you use the peer editing function in Canvas, can you have the student attach a doc or does it have to be originally submitted in text box in order to be peer edited?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a student enrolled in my class who claims he does not get my invite to conference for office hours. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have integrated Microsoft Teams into our Canvas instance.  When the Teams meeting is recorded, it appears in Stream.  Is there a way to automatically have the Stream recording populated to the class where the Team session originated?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

What is a good design for modules?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I click on courses icon it takes me to modules, from there the orientation courses page appeared but after I click the orientation courses home page I get a blank screen, need help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When it states access denied, how do we complete a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I have set a quiz with two attempts with the highest of the two marks to be retained, but in assessing it for one of my students it is showing the highest mark but the corresponding quiz is the one the student did poorly in - I need to manually ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Grades from Exam have disappeared?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I gave a midterm exam via canvas and graded all exams.  The grades never downloaded into the grade tab in Canvas and now they have disappeared?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I export grades from Canvas into Gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can an existing Module be turned into a weighted Module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Could we have a way to organize our Quizzes list into groups?  Thanks 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good Morning,I use Canvas for assignments with my school switching to distance learning. Typically, I embed a Microsoft Word document into an assignment page, students download and complete the Word document, and then they submit their completed file...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I can see my modules but when I try and open them they don't appear and I'm left with just the option to download. my Canvas account is working fine on my I pad but not my laptop. Thought?Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies