Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am and English teacher working for our district to put curriculum online.  I am wondering if there is a way to autograde simple assignments like quickwrites and reflections based on word count.  I'm also interested in whatever else can be autograde...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#I am an instructor who uses Big Blue Blue via Conferences via Canvas. A colleague needs to listen to a recording of a recent class I taught (synchronous). He must review my teaching. How does he gain access to the recording?@

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, my grades page will not load for any of my classes. It shows a blank white screen. My device is compatible and my browser is FireFox. Is there a way to fix this issue? Thank you! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I add a rubric to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How are incomplete final grades recorded?  What are the steps to designating a final grade of "I".

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Canvas folks - I'd like to use data gathered from quizzes my students take on Canvas for the purposes of analysis and subsequent improvement of course delivery. Do I need my students' consent to gather this data and utilise it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have contacted the teacher to unenroll me and I have unchecked the star on the desktop but I still have this class on my app. This is my 2nd attempt to reach out to canvas! Yes, I have deleted and reinstalled the app twice!Please help:Here is the i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

when I have my conference zoom. I clicked it . (the day and time) an only I can see on the screen my name. I do not hear or see the conference. I am losing point. please help me. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an instructor to a course that was the taught the previous semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello  and Happy Tuesday!Only limited students can have access to my canvas course.I want to provide teachers with a link to my Canvas course, on their canvas course, to these students.Where do I find the link of my canvas course so I can copy and to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm using a discussion to give students practice asking and answering questions (I teach a world language class). I am sending students individual feedback on their posts, and would like them to be able to edit and update their posts when they get th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have assigned a point value to videos I have assigned the students to view.  How can I tell if they have viewed the video?  Will it automatically appear?  Do I have to check the analytics?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I calculate extra credit in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am differentiating an assignment.  I duplicated the assignment a bunch of times and edited it for different levels of students.  I assigned the different assignments to different students. Now, I want to add the assignment to my module.  If I ad...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where do i go to see all available courses and are you allowed to do more than one course at a time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I upload multiple files or folders at one time to a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had to break a module into three parts, so I did it as a new module with the same name. When I was done, I deleted the version that was all in one block. How do I fix the module name so it doesn't say "Copy" at the end of it?Here's a link to my les...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to make a quiz so that students have to get the answer correct to move onto the next question?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I set up a canvas account as a teacher.  I need to delete the account so I can set it up as a student for training.  How do I have the account deleted?Joyce Lopezjlopez@murrayschools.org

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get a quote for the cost of a live virtual training for my faculty during May?Lorie Broberg, PhDBusiness ProfessorActing Vice President of Academics and Student Affairs​Bear Clan Buildingloretta.broberg@littlepriest.edu“THERE IS STRENGTH IN...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My coworkers and I were talking about the Student Product Tour mentioned in the latest Ready Release Notes (2020-04-11). Do admins have the ability to modify the product tours? We'd like to incorporate institution specific verbiage or modify it for p...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

There was a time you could use screensteplive to embed a Canvas guide on a page. Is that still possible as it was not working for me. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I find out of the university I am affiliated with has a Canvas account?  I previously had a Blackboard account through this university extension course but this option has been discontinued.  Is there a phone number I can call about getting C...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not doing the "play button" option to record media for me or my students in the new quizzes.  The guides keep coming around to using the "new rich content editor" Does anyone know a fix?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a training institution, created an account, it says for Teachers, I do not see ADMIN. I have a team of 5 people that I need to create logins for. I looked everywhere and can not find the option. I've reached out multiple times, submitted to requ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have made up several exams (quizzes) for my online classes.  I tried using the Multiple answer type questions where I was looking for the student to pick two correct answers out of a list of 8.  If the student picks only one answer instead of 2 it ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can any instructor using Canvas have access to Direct Share to share assignments and quizzes to another instructor within our district? There has to be a better way than sending something to Commons where it takes  several days to "process." That jus...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to make graphing questions where students need to plot 3 points to form a triangle and the graph 3 more points to translate the triangle.  Is this possible in new quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

this is the second week and we still can open on canvas. i finally was able to upgrade my mac ad the web instill not working.. when i open canvas is glitching. so we can't use it  please help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is one student not able to access the assignments?  It was a downloaded article.  The rest of the group can.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies