Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to hide canvas quizzes that you are done using for the school year? If not, can there be an option to drag them into another order? or put them in category groups? It's very difficult to find ones that are currently being used because ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It looks like in organizing my modules and assignments for students, I accidently transfered all grades from one assignment to a different assignment.I transferred gradesFrom: Begin reading Catcher in the Rye Chapters 1-4 and refer to the reading jou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HOW DO I EDIT THE DATE OF AN ASSIGNMENT

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to add syllabus to my course

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I see an assignment I graded in speed grader in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do you find the GoReact App in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I export my course outcomes so that I can share them with my Grade level team? Not the Mastery Grade book just the course outcomes. I have admin tools and would like to add my outcomes to share with the school and add other people's outcomes f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I move a student to different section in the same course? I tried and my course wouldn't give the choices to the different sections I have created.I got no results found.I have 4 sections.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do you insert or add images to your assignments, quizzes, modules?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've included an "Honesty Statement" at the start of a traditional multiple-choice quiz. the simplest way I found to do it was to have students write their full name as the "answer" to an essay question worth 0 points. The problem is that now Canvas ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I click on the People link, the people button is not in blue so I cannot add a student to the course. What can I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,How does one import a small test bank from a D2L zip file. When I go to "Settings," then "Import Course Content," then "D2L export zip format," the file does not import. It just keeps turning and turning and turning. I've had this problem befor...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't get any sound on the videos. My sound is up on my computer and in the Instructor's video but no sound on the Canvas videos. I can get sound when accessing through my phone, but not on my computer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to access ALL submission details from an assignment that was due for my research class on March 29th. I made so many submissions at so many different times that day and I need to access the comments made to the PowerPoint submission at 9:...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am testing the Zoom Pro LTI -- and like the functionality and ease of use.  My IT director has these concerns:  "privacy and security around this LTI since from what I understood it allows live streaming and Canvas is given access to Zoom meeting a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am developing Bible courses and am looking for a way to integrate the Bible into the course so that students on any device can look up scriptures. Also, I'm looking for it to have 10+ versions of the Bible to choose from (the more the better). Than...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am new to using the conferences feature. (FYI: I am using BigBlueButton)I am the teacher and I am at home, as are all of my students.I want to set-up a conference for tomorrow at 10 AM. I have set-up a new conference, but I see no option to schedul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!If a teacher wants to hide an assignment once it is past, is there a way to do it? Unpublishing won't work because there are submissions. We don't want to delete the assignment, just hide it from student view.Thanks!Christine

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I did a timed quiz on Canvas. I graded each test through the "moderate this quiz" link because I was unable to do it through speedgrader - it just isn't letting me even though I can see a light grey font of the grade that i put in through "moderate  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I get a ID code for the students to join my class

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've noticed a lag between my posting of an announcement and the notification being pushed to the app and email. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is it an indication of Instructure's servers being overloaded? Thanks. -- Doug 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I trigger an automatic regarding of an assignment for students who were wrongly marked Excused? I have removed the Excused option but I have only seen how to manually go back in to each student and each assignment for a re-grade or "update gra...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does it mean when a student's assignment "is locked up?"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My issue is specifically with Grades disappearing from BLEND that I've been using as my ghost gradebook as prescribed. I remember this being suggested from one of our meetings as a viable option because TEAMS and BLEND are currently not linked to tra...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I send a Canvas email, I am forced to choose once course at a time. I teach 4 different courses. Is there a way to send something to all 4 at once?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I manually entered parents into my language arts class as observers. I also created a mock parent account with our Test Student, and I was able to automatically view all courses in which our Test Student is enrolled with other teachers. Therefore, I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import a doc file into canvas quizzes

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set an assignment to appear after a student has completed a prerequisite assignment?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do we get notified when new entries have been added to a discussion?How do we get notified when assignments have been graded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a picture file from Photos Windows 10 to send to my teacher when I cannot get the the text editor?  The picture files will not upload?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies