Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like to get simple instructions for elementary students to upload a completed worksheet from their assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add multiple TA's to a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to assign my students a pdf that they can annotate and respond to questions without needing to print it. I know we can use the Doc Viewer through speed grader to respond to students when they have submitted a pdf, but is there a way to d...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a Canvas admin. One of the faculty members wants to know if they can find out if a student deleted a discussion post and reposted it a few days later. Thanks for any help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where and how can I download more virtual backgrounds?  All I see on my zoom account are three but I would like a few more options or t be able to create my own virtual backgrounds.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see the courses that I have taken in the previous semester on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I send an announcement to students I'd like to get a copy emailed to me. That happens on one of my courses but not the other. I know from attending a workshop that there is some switch to toggle on or off for that, but I cannot figure out what i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have created an exam from a test bank. All students have completed the exam. I discovered that 1 questions was keyed incorrectly and need to regrade the exam. I have changed and saved the correct answer in the test bank.I have looked online and fou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using EdPuzzle in Canvas.  I have already used this for one assignment but now when I click the plug symbol to select the app when creating an assignment it is missing from the list.  Attached are two screenshots.  In #1 you can see that EdPuzzl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm having troubles with creating courses off of blueprints. I have all the courses I want to create in a .csv file, I upload it into the SIS Import area. It runs and completes the process but I get the following error...Cannot associate course "the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i have watched and read the first class countless time,  however i didn`t get de green check, and i have already finished the other classes

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I take it automatic regrading is impossible, but I'd like the feedback to show the correct answer.Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I view a student's total activity in Canvas, does it start counting from the first time they logged into the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is really strange, but I replied to a student question received via a canvas message via my own e-mail, and it gave me an error message telling me I hadn't attached a file to the message. This is correct, I hadn't, but there was no reason for me...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I post a discussion in a pinned discussion private chat and  testbed?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a teacher, are you able to take an assignment and make it reoccurring? Basically, I want the same assignment to show up on my student's to do list every week. Is there a way to do this without having to duplicate the assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Module requirementsWould it be possible for canvas to have an option on module requirements to require an AVERAGE score on the module to open the next thing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas for parents. Do you have instruction on how to sign in for parents in different languages?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Estimad@s,Canvas durante la carga me solicitó ingresar antecedentes sobre  el Google Drive y luego me pregunto si podia borrar todo su contenido, instrucción que no acepte al ser esta nube privada en que tengo poca capacidad.Al no hacer eso no me per...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my Macbook pro photos in my course are not loading correctly. They are a small box with a blue ?  But when I sign on to my course on a desktop computer they load just fine? What do I need to do to my mac book to have my course load correctly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I signed up for the try canvas free account,  I accidentally used the incorrect email so it keeps denying me access when I try to do anything.  My correct email should be patriciarichardson@ccs.k12.nc.us instead of patriciarihardson@ccs.k12.nc.u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HiI'm a teaching assistant.I'd like to change my class's grading option to complete/not complete from points.How can I change it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is this possible?  Copying each individual question is very time consuming (copying questions and then answers). Thank you,

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Do I have to download assignments to grade? Do I have to upload them for students to see comments? If students redo an assignment, does the new submission take the place of the old one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a picture to my class card that you would see on the dashboard?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I remove a class from the Dashboard and Calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've created the assignment, checked all the appropriate boxes and tried to "Save and Publish".  The screen goes gray while it works, then brightens but assignment is not published.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to turn  a Page into an Assignment? I imported a module from Commons, but I don't want some of the work to be a Page. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have module assignments duplicated in my gradebook and can't figure out how to get rid of the duplicates.  Does anyone know how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am recording videos in pages. I save them and add them to my assignments for my students to see before they begin working. I can see the assignment (video) on my teacher view, but when I go to my student view it is not there. Also, my video today s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies