Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it possible to turn  a Page into an Assignment? I imported a module from Commons, but I don't want some of the work to be a Page. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have module assignments duplicated in my gradebook and can't figure out how to get rid of the duplicates.  Does anyone know how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am recording videos in pages. I save them and add them to my assignments for my students to see before they begin working. I can see the assignment (video) on my teacher view, but when I go to my student view it is not there. Also, my video today s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Any ideas on why a course cannot be added to the course menu (dashboard)?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I download all of the embedded media recordings students post in an assignment? Canvas only allows me to download submissions that were recorded externally and uploaded, but not the ones recorded directly into the assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi. I have a Canvas course that is currently being delivered https://canvas.bham.ac.uk/courses/39048  I need to roll it over for a new group of students without concluding the current course - is this possible please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

MY STUDENTS ARE NOT SEEING MY CLASSES AND I WAS TOLLD I Need to publish?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is going wrong if my graded discussion is not showing up in the gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to delete or edit a posted announcement

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Canvas Conference recording is not showing after the conference has ended. I have recorded the same thing twice and it is still not showing. Normally, it will show up a few minutes after the conference ends. But it is after a few hours now and it ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I graded an assignment using a rubric, but on some of the submissions I also sent a comment directing them to additional resources, explaining a particular point, etc.   Weeks later, my student says I never responded to her question that she asked...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What are the steps to syncing Newsela into Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello. I have a Canvas paid account as well as a free account. Can immersive reader be enabled on the free account as well?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have built a course using Pages, Assignments, Discussions and Modules.  Can you guide me through the process so that I can put the Pages, Assignments and Discussions into the correct order into the Modules so that the course is in has a progression...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I import a module to my dashboard if it is too big?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to make something student view

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a multiple choice quiz in Canvas but it did not automatically grade the quiz like I thought it would. How would set it up so Canvas can automatically grade the quiz. Currently, I don't see any grades in the grade book after a student has ta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am struggling to use CANVAS. I am an employee trying to work from home and I cannot hear the videos. Please do not tell me to turn up the sound as I have done all of this. I cannot hear anything on Canvas.  I am taking the Undocumented Ally course ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Having difficulty posting grades after I had set the manual policy. When I change policy and go to post grades, it spins and spins and spins.....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change the setting that automatically sets dates for ProctorU. I want to set the dates manually. When I use the ProctorU link in one of my courses I can manually set the dates that limit access (in PU's Exam list they are listed as "live") i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have some 5th grade students who submitted videos to me as part of an assignment. As I requested, they placed those videos in ‘discussions’ on Canvas.Now I want to move those videos into another file so I can edit them, but I cannot see a way to do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Could someone help.  I need to be able to export a list of canvas activity for all users.  I use the last activity report in settings which shows the last login but i need to be able to show the following:1. The number of hours spent in canvas for us...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is a feature option for Canvas Elementary Theming but I cannot find anything about it in guides or in a search. Anyone have experience with this and can send me to a correct spot to learn more? Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Apple pen functionality removed. Please explain why I cannot annotate with the iPad and Apple pen.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am asking a question about formatting. Actually More so suggesting as I do not know where to tell a flaw in the system. Our teacher noticed this is not ideal for exams as well. We have diagrams that have 7-10 options for each label but canvas makes...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here we go, I want to do an online sports carnival as most likely ours will not happen at the start of June.  I have thought of some events for the children to do (aimed at Year 3-6).  Some questions - Is it possible to have tiles for each house and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When editing a module, if I select the box that says "students must move through requirements in sequential order," will it force students who have already completed some of the assignments to complete them again before moving on?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

As the moderator (Instructor) am I able to view the break out rooms?  How do I access student webcams for each room.  How do students view each other?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I invite my Dual Enrollment students to join Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there some way I can change a setting in Conference.  Big BLUE Button.My students can not see each other when we conference together.  I think this is important that they are able to see each other, especially with our social distancing and quaran...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies