Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Apple pen functionality removed. Please explain why I cannot annotate with the iPad and Apple pen.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am asking a question about formatting. Actually More so suggesting as I do not know where to tell a flaw in the system. Our teacher noticed this is not ideal for exams as well. We have diagrams that have 7-10 options for each label but canvas makes...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here we go, I want to do an online sports carnival as most likely ours will not happen at the start of June.  I have thought of some events for the children to do (aimed at Year 3-6).  Some questions - Is it possible to have tiles for each house and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When editing a module, if I select the box that says "students must move through requirements in sequential order," will it force students who have already completed some of the assignments to complete them again before moving on?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

As the moderator (Instructor) am I able to view the break out rooms?  How do I access student webcams for each room.  How do students view each other?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I invite my Dual Enrollment students to join Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there some way I can change a setting in Conference.  Big BLUE Button.My students can not see each other when we conference together.  I think this is important that they are able to see each other, especially with our social distancing and quaran...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to post either a discussion or an announcement where students can reply anonymously? I would like to get some feedback from them and believe they'd be more willing to share their ideas/needs if it were anonymous.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I would like to know if there is a way where I can download all the material of the course at once. I am part of a course as an instructor therefore before the course finishes I would like to download everything. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I type or copy an answer into an answer box in a multiple choice question I lose the formatting. For example 1.7 x 106 cm becomes 1.7 x 106  How do I preserve the formatting for the exponent in the answer box?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is it that when I change my profile picture, it goes back to my old one after a few hours or day?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to know how can I find my peer's feedback for peer-reviewed assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do badges show in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to easily take questions from quizzes and add them to a new Question bank?  I would like to not have to re-type everything to create a bank for use on an on-line exam.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have had to make an oral presentation & I can't get the file uploaded

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I attach a Power point to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who was given a school computer. She has not been able to log into Canvas. I have reset her password twice. She has brought her laptop into the school. She is still not able to log in. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I check my lessons in Student View, I get a message that says blank blank blank hasn't been unlocked yet. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have students using the "New Quiz" as a sort of digital worksheet. I have a series of several "Essay" questions that I plan on grading, but my first student just completed the assignment and it automatically graded the essay questions and gave them...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How can I remove a wait-listed student from a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If an instructor make a mistake and delete a class, is it removed from all teachers?  Is there anyway you can retrieve that class. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I upload a video from Quick time to Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HiI marked a discussion with comments and marks. This discussion is being moderated and when it was looked at again all the comments are missing but the marks are still there. HELP!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to download files for grading, but they won't download as normal Microsoft Word documents as they normally do. They download as html files that take me to a login when I try to open them. This is the first time this has happened and this g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi everyone! Hope you all are well and safe! Something weird is happening with my pinned discussions. I, as an instructor, can see them under "Pinned discussions", but my students can't. Any ideas why?  Thanks! Belén

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to log in to canvas I time out and sometimes it tells me my password is incorrect.Alan Adams NMMI

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I drop the lowest quiz grade

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using the new quiz generator, but I can't find the quizzes once they are completed to add them to modules. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student was having technical difficulties and I need to reset the midterm for him.  Help!!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies