Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A teacher in our district has reported that students using Mac computers are unable to see the images that she has loaded into quizzes. Is there a way to troubleshoot this?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have some teachers complaining about how some of their students submit assignments documents from their Google drive, and the teachers cannot see the submission unless they log into their own Google account & then the docs are all shared with them....

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was added into a class as an observer, how can I get out of that class, no longer want to be an observer?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ever since the last update, I am having tremendous problems with the email in Canvas. I am having trouble choosing the class I want in order to access the students names I need to send a message to. It used to work perfectly every time, now I sit and...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I provided an online exam yesterday (via Quizzes on Canvas). There were 9 points worth of questions that required looking at images. I made some kind of error & students couldn't see any of these images. I haven't selected SpeedGrader yet, but am won...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the set up process for Turn It In?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For the past few weeks, I have been uploading PowerPoint slideshows for my students to copy. One of them was around 9000kb, another was 15000kb and I believe the other was around 10000kb.Along with those, I have been sending short videos links via YO...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was writing a very long response over 500 words to a discussion and it just vanished.  Is there anyway to retrieve it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student in a course is completing graded assignments in time frames that are not possible.  For example, one of the assignments is to answer 13 questions which are, in part, data analysis with charts/graphs/figures and paragraphs of text.  One cann...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I added a test grade in Canvas for a student who took the test late. Canvas automatically posted his grade, but now I can't see the grades for all the other students. How do I get all the grades again in their grade book column?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable Vericite after students have already submitted assignment? I changed it but can't figure out how to view originality report

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am a computer science teacher. I teach multiple classes of varying ages, each with different content. I see that I can set up multiple classes and content under my free account. Is it possible to set up up student access so that they only see t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can an instructor Unpublish a course - not seeing the Unpublish/Publish button on the Home screen

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm wondering if there have being any issues using Lockdown Browser on iPadOS whatsoever. Or any concerns at all. I'm exploring the possibilities before activating it for our students.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I cannot make the Announcements visible to my students. I have tried both dragging it, and clicking enable. It will move to the top, but still has the crossed out eye. I have tried numerous times so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does that mean the student submitted an assignment?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who likes to organize her quiz banks by adding numbers to the name of each bank so that the banks will order themselves so the teacher will see the bank she needs for that week at the top of the list. She's now wondering if, by chang...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I make a quiz worth a different number of points for an individual student.  I have a student who I want to make an exam worth only 90 points while it is worth 100 for everyone else.  Is this possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Mrs:I can't upload media (video) in rich content editor and new rich content editor (buttons are missing), media library is missing too.I attach screenshot for RCE and new RCE.My installation is Bitnami Canvas LMS open source.Thanks in advance for yo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It would seem to be an assumption that everyone has Chrome, but clearly, this is an accessibility issue for your platform. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to open a course on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My learning skills grade one tile has disappeared from my courses and my dashboard on MYMCPS classroom.  How can I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my classes, I use a combination of number grades on quizzes and "complete/incomplete" on other assignments. In Gradebook on Canvas, the "complete/incomplete" grades show as nice, green checkmarks. Perfect! But when I download the grades, the check...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a feature that would allow me, for each individual student, to drop the lowest four of their 24 homework scores and the lowest two of their four exam scores before calculating their term total score, and also to give weightings to those new ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you tell or is there a way or I wish there was a way to see what questions from a bank were already used in a previous test in a course.  #Question bank#testbank

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'll withhold some of the frustration I am feeling now..background.. I am being FORCED to use CANVAS..I Realized that I could EMBED a Google doc INTO the canvas page.SO.. I published the Google Doc to the web, then used the HTML editor to insert the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Only one of the courses does not show home page I edited.  I checked all the proceidure of resetting/editting the front page of this course. I changed the front page of this course a a few weeks ago but it has showed only 2 lines. an weeks ago, and a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know you can share a class with the commons, which then allows you to copy the class to multiple classes, but is there a way to just import modules from the sandbox and add them to multiple classes at the same time? For example, at my school we hav...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to publish a course that for some reason is not published anymore. In the course menu it also said that "this course cannot be added to the course menu at this time"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i want to print out all the students grades for each assignment onto one document.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies