Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In my classes, I use a combination of number grades on quizzes and "complete/incomplete" on other assignments. In Gradebook on Canvas, the "complete/incomplete" grades show as nice, green checkmarks. Perfect! But when I download the grades, the check...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a feature that would allow me, for each individual student, to drop the lowest four of their 24 homework scores and the lowest two of their four exam scores before calculating their term total score, and also to give weightings to those new ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you tell or is there a way or I wish there was a way to see what questions from a bank were already used in a previous test in a course.  #Question bank#testbank

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'll withhold some of the frustration I am feeling now..background.. I am being FORCED to use CANVAS..I Realized that I could EMBED a Google doc INTO the canvas page.SO.. I published the Google Doc to the web, then used the HTML editor to insert the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Only one of the courses does not show home page I edited.  I checked all the proceidure of resetting/editting the front page of this course. I changed the front page of this course a a few weeks ago but it has showed only 2 lines. an weeks ago, and a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know you can share a class with the commons, which then allows you to copy the class to multiple classes, but is there a way to just import modules from the sandbox and add them to multiple classes at the same time? For example, at my school we hav...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to publish a course that for some reason is not published anymore. In the course menu it also said that "this course cannot be added to the course menu at this time"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i want to print out all the students grades for each assignment onto one document.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created modules for two separate sections of the same class (two different periods of English 10). The assignment allowed me to use Speedgrader to review each students response for the first class, but the second class only shows 1/1 TEST STUDENT i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have various separate quizzes and appropriate questions already created within a course. How can I plug all of those various questions into a named test bank for access in creating a final exam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

during my lessons I am getting terrible sound--echo/no sound/terrible clarityplease offer help to solve these frustrating issues

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor and I am trying to develop a program on Canvas.  I have added myself as a student using my personal email address.  However, I have not been invited to the program.  I am wondering how to add students and send out the invite to the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the last few months (this was not the case before), whenever I create an Announcement or Discussion or Page, my formatting keeps getting changed when I save my edits. Particularly, any spaces I insert between paragraphs keeps getting ignored and t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

im in canvas with chrome and can do everything except the quizzes and honorlock are blank, i cannot see or take quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have students loading their slideshows from Google Slides and they are submitting files that are .GSlides.Is there any way to open these?I have asked students to submit as powerpoint or as PDF but many of them do not. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was watching this video in order to link a FlipGrid to my Canvas (I'm new to both) connect flipgrid to canvas - Bing video About 2.5 minutes into the video after setting it up, FlipGrid is supposed to magically appear on the left side in the menu l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I put specific modules/assignments into a specific quarter? I have tried putting in those dates to the "available to/from" boxes but nothing seems to work.For example, I want all modules A-C in quarter 1, modules D-f in quarter 2, etc.How do I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can an Assignment Due date be prior to the End Availability date?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the automatic group function to create group sets in a large class.Each student is asked to submit three things to the assignment:1) a link to their group work2) a group work/peer ranking likert scale and open response document 3) an individua...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I share this canvas course with a colleague?https://ecasd.instructure.com/enroll/LWTX7J

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning! I have set up ungraded surveys to be used as ballots in our faculty elections.  The surveys are also set up as anonymous for voting purposes.  On a few ballots, there was a point value of either 1 (one) or 0 (zero). In the survey statis...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add a quiz that I created using the new quiz tools (stimulus-based) to an existing module.  When I go to the module, push the plus button, and select quiz, the quiz I created is not available in the list.  Any tips on how I can get thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was having a problem uploading an image in a question and I figured it out where the problem is but don't know how to solve it. I was trying to create a numeric question, in Chemistry, where I would upload a graduate cylinder and ask the students w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create specific vocabulary for language teaching and for students to be able to add, delete or amend words according to their own needs?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Simple question here but I can't find the answer anywhere. Do the SIS import csv files need to be named as the samples are (e.g. admins.csv)?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to see a home button on SpeedGrader.  Now I have to go back to my Gradebook, and then, click again to get to my home page.  It is really annoying now that we have so much to grade online.  It takes forever to click between different assi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to print the Calendar from Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you move or drag and drop more than one item at a time?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I allow students to view a quiz after it has been submitted, for a limited time only? Do I just make it available again through the options? I just want them to view the quiz as a study guide for a limited time only.Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies