Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am having a hard time creating item for item bank in new quizzes. After I have created the item, it's impossible to edit. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

"There was an unexpected error, please contact support" was the message every time I tried to import a quiz today (4/14/2020). I have been doing this successfully for the last two years. Was there something different in the free version of Canvas aft...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all,I've been asked by my institution to look into this:"We were wondering if a report can be pulled from canvas, at the campus level, with a list of students who have not logged in."Some context:"...the colleague I spoke to mentioned that they we...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It's a trivial question: I have graded an assignment. How to see the average grade of this assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anybody know how to retrieve an exam deleted by accident?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add to the canvas calendar the same event at same time etc for weekly schedule (repeat)?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone found a way to use speech-to-text in the text boxes within Canvas? I have tried using Texthelp's Read&Write extension's Talk&Type option but no text appears in the text box. I am trying to provide supports for student with disabilities to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My student's grades say that they are hidden, how do I fix that? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What could be causing this?  This is the second time this has happened.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to change to order of questions within a single question bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I allow students to have a 2nd attempt on an assignment, specifically a quiz, can I set the highest score they're able to get as a 70?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you do a labeling assignment in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I accidentally deleted a completed assignment that I made.  Is there anyway to get it back with student data?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not been able to find the answer to my question in the forum.  This question is strange, but I have my reasons for wanting to do it if it is possible.I want to have two quizzes that are timed.  The first one has 1 attempt and a maximum time of...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change the name of a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i do not get it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There were glitches with Encore and Canvas.  It erased my grades.  I need to print out the grades in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where on canvas do I find an invite for a class that I'm enrolled in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My discussions and quizzes have the little eye next to them and say they are not visible to students even though I think I have published or saved them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It looks like a few people have had this issue, unable to copy or import a course. I keep getting an error message. I have opened a ticket but have yet to hear back. Has anyone had this issue and found a workaround?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is trying to upload an MP4 video file that is 682.5mb to an assignment in Canvas, but it is not allowing him to upload it. Is there a maximum file restriction on video uploads to Canvas assignments? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I scheduled an assignment due at 11:59 pm on a day, however my students see the time of the due date as 2:59 am of the next day.  How can I fix this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have been attempting to import course materials for the last 3 days.  Each time, I get the message "There was an unexpected error, please contact support."  I have reported the problem twice under the Help tab, but have yet to receive a response.  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When having a Canvas conference with 3 students, they can see me and I can see them but they can't see each other.  Audio is fine!  Please advise! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am trying to upload/import a publisher test bank into Canvas and each time I try it idles or is very slow to import. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I'm seeing of the loading icon that perpetually displays on the page. I've tried differen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, everyone! What can I do if when copying a course it shows "There was an unexpected error, please contact support"Need help ASAP =(

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you import a question bank from another canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many assignments require Office 365.  Is there a student version available for me to do my assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can annotate a student's assignment while giving audio or video feedback when grading through SpeedGrader? As an English teacher, I would like to be able to highlight and make suggestions when grading. I tried audio feedback and stud...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! I have noticed that some of the names in my "grades" section are not students in my course.  I can see all of my actual students, but have some additional names.  Help, please  Andrea P.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies