Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

What is the difference between "due date"and "Available until date" while putting up Assignments for my students? Are they same or have some specific difference?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to simply send an email to my students, grouped by section, to individual recipients, and I keep getting an "invalid recipient" response. MY COURSE IS PUBLISHED. Can you please tell me WHY it is so difficult to simply email student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long do Conferences last once you create them?  Is 14 days the maximum and then you lose them?  I wanted to create some Conferences (ppts and talking) that students can use any time during the semester (and possibly other semesters).  Is this the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Drop down menus in Canvas seem difficult to use.  Especially on my phone but also, overall.For instance, in the Inbox when I'm trying to create a new message:  When I'm trying to click on just one course in the drop down menu of courses, I click in t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a ESS (Special Education) teacher and I have published assignment for my group of students. However when I check student view it does not show up. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a ESS (Special Education) teacher and I have published assignment for my group of students. However when I check student view it does not show up. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a student using Kurzweil take a Canvas quiz that has Proctorio on it?  Are there certain settings that must be made?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This question is about Canvas Analytics. I would like to identify the questions in a test, where 40% or more students did not provide correct responses.  The test has about 50 questions. Thanks for attention and all help.Best,Bala Addepallibalasual@u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can I find general resource folder?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student has accidentally submitted an exam prior to actually completing it.  Is it possible to reopen an exam for an individual?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking to upgrade Big Blue Button in canvas to the premium subscription, however I can't find any links to pricing or information. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is FERPA?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever i want to enroll a new course in canvas a student and put my email it always shows that already in use

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After Publishing My Modules, students are unable to see the quiz Modules.Dates, Time zones, start times for the test have been set properly. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello sir/madam,We are the teaching group of the course organized in canvas. We plan to hold a midterm by canvas quiz with 320 students on April 15th 2pm to 3pm. I saw some posts mentioned that there was a crash in such a big flow of visits in other ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Evening I was wondering if i can receive written instruction and the sequencing involved with the following information.1.  how do I create a quiz?2.  How do I pull a quiz from the masters and have it place on the shell without publishing it 3. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I submit a student's paper to Turnitin on Canvas to check for plagiarism myself?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to see people from classes you were previously enrolled in?The class I'm wondering about ended about four months ago.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit a student's name with the same email?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a quiz and then used the Preview function to make sure it was working appropriately. I "took" the quiz using preview so that I could also double check to make sure that I had indicated the correct answers so that I could avoid any Canvas gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to submit documents directly from OneNote? It seems as though I cannot download Word document directly onto my computer. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I doing a quiz with first 5 questions essays so how do i start my 2nd page with multi choice questions

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I make assign a default grade in gradebook it doesn't show up in speedgrader.  Why?My process: create assignment. set default grade. wait for due date. give evaluative feedback and grades in speedgrader.It throws me off that that no grade is in ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to post an announcement so it shows up right when the student opens the course. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find a discussion that I created on the Discussion Board. Students have already responded, and I was going to grade it today, but it is gone.  Speedgrader only has a few of the student posts, so I was going to go directly into the discussion...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a teacher to be able to see my canvas account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the maximum size of a file to upload into a discussion board?Formats: MP4 & ZipPlease reply to jstpau@dcc.eduThanks 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've added a few students to the assignment for late work submissions.Since then, I'm only able to see those students in Speedgrader, not the whole class.Help!Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know how to use a recording, but, when I want to record something the whiteboard is recorded, although I minimized it. Does someone know how I can record the screen as I chose it to be (so, not white board?)What I want is to record a conversation a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are class discussions going to be limited to the individual class, or are ALL my students going to be answering in the same forum? I am hoping to have the class discussions only be for individual classes. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies