Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a very specific question about how break out rooms function. To me, it is not clear from a student perspective what I can do when I am in a breakout room. I know that I can go back to the main room. and back to the breakout room I originally w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone, NEW ADMIN HERE!I understand courses can be exported into .imscc files. Can these files be loaded on to a terabyte hard drive? what are our options for storing exported courses? Also, my computer had a hard time reading the file. Is there...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-10-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a student that cheated and is being academically disciplined.   In order to process the grade, we need the student account to remain enrolled in the Canvas course.    But we do not want the student to access the course while on probation.   I...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do students need a code to access or join their classes on CANVAS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is no "Add A Class" button on my dashboard page.How do fix that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have already uploaded a PowerPoint into one of my modules.  I have modifed the file offline and would like to replace the file in canvas with the new file.  Should I just go to the "files" section and upload the file again or will this break the li...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have uploaded a file. i want to create a new announcement and include a Link for that file

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student answers are running off the page.  I cannot scroll to see all that they have posted.  How do I fix this for assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you open the "replies" to your announcements?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I cull out a student's posts in Discussions? Essentially, I just want to find a way to queue up all of a student's Discussion posts to give them feedback - not simply within one week's one question threads (the only way I've been able to do i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I edit the theme of a sub-account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I download the quiz log for an entire class from NEW QUIZZES?I know how to go to Moderate to see the log for a single student, but that page is really not formatted well:a) The student's name does not appear anywhere on the log page,b) It is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use the stylus to comment on students' assignments, using a Surface Pro stylus. The process is slow, frustrating and cumbersome. Each time I lift the stylus from the surface a popup menu appears asking me if I want to save or delete. This makes the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I cant see my course in student view I cant find those glasses that usually show at the top can you help me to find them please? Joy Course is First Course 292. MFC292 Its an art course. Joy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning.  I would like to take some summer classes however I need advice on what classes I still need in order to get my degree.  Is there anyone that can help with this?Thank you very much. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can we assign any assignment or homework to observers as well ? thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I find a students sis?. its not listed on the people page

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a response section other than a discussion be added to a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I send an announcement to my students before I publish the class, will they get the announcement?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I put the wrong number of points assigned to a quiz.  I can not seem to change the number even when I am in the quiz area after marking the edit pencil.  It just stays the same number.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In March I made buttons for links on the front page.  They disappeared.  I had pictures in Discussions that I used previously.  They disappeared.  I just tried to upload a picture into Discussions as a JPEG and PNG.  Only got a "?".  Will this be fix...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have looked for instructions in the Canvas guides and on the TurnItIn site and have found none that specifically show how to access these assignments through Canvas. If there is going to be this kind of connectivity, we need to be able to guide our...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I try to open canvas on safari it just attempts to reload a few times and that gives me the error message "a problem repeatedly occurred with canvas" but on the app and on browsers such as chrome it will load and work fine. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a "NEW" quiz in my existing course.  I am able to see the quiz in the list of quizzes that I access by the selection panel on the left side of my screen.  However, when I attempt to link the quiz in a module, the quiz cannot be found i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When creating a student account, what is a join code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two questions:1. How do I post an announcement to appear in all of my classes without having to type the same announcement in each class?2. It is near the end of the term and I need to adjust my grade book as I am over by 10 points. Can I reduce the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I embed an image in a Quiz and then know for sure that students will see it? I use the embed feature, but the image does not show up in the quiz or in the preview. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor who conducted a live conference, which was recorded. Now that the conference has been rendered, the students cannot access that recorded Conference. They just see a blank page when they go to the Conferences page. Does this need ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to move an assignment in a module.  Now I can't get it back into the module.  It is still in "assignments" and several other places.  But I can't figure out how to put it back in its module where I want it to be.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student messaged me about why a certain quiz answer was the correct answer, and I asked how she knew which answer was correct before the answers were supposed to be revealed by Canvas. She said she didn't know, but they were. Why would this happen?...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies