Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can you easily combine 2 rubrics in 1?For example you have rubric A and rubric B. Now I want to make rubric C that exists of criteria from rubric A and B.I don't want to insert all criteria again. But I can' find how to copy a criteria from anoth...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If you create outcomes under manage rubrics, why can't the user attach them to assignments?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to avoid needing to scroll down every time to find recent assignments to grade.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,We are set up our LMS in our own server. We are now trying add courses, users and students.We have configured the setup for outgoing email server at /lms_root/config/outgoing_mail.yml.Now, when adding users and students, email is not receiv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am a teacher and admin of a course however I can only see people enrolled in the course from one section and know body from any other section. This only effects one course, I can see everyone in the other courses. Any ideas on how to fix this would...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What report can you run to see if students have completed all modules within their course and achieved a 100% mark within a given time frame? If someone can please show me how to run it, it would be brilliant. As I need a quick way to tell who has be...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to upload my video presentation and it keeps saying "Saving reply."  It has done this for hours and my presentation will not submit.  I need help. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz question, can you use a Boolean expression, or an If statement? e.g. If (x<0) then 0 else 1.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When setting up a quiz on CAVAS, is there the ability to lock the screen so that students cannot access other documents/ sites during the quiz that they may have open?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I turn on the Anonymous Instructor Annotations in speedgrader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am wanting to remove the test student from my mark book, just wondering if this is possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like for my students to view my power point files without being able to download them. Is this possible?Dr. Smith

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Здравствуйте. Появились проблемы с обратной связью студентов . Постоянно появляется квота (ограничение) на отправление домашнего задания у студентов . Очень не удобно . Мы хотим проконсультироваться можем ли мы перейти на платную версию ? У нас не до...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Does Canvas support the option for teachers to create assignments that have a set time-period allowed for each student to complete the assignment? Something similar to where the teacher can create assignments and customize a "hard due-date" and a "ti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When we update a due date on canvas (LTI to MyopenMath), it is not changing the original due date when  you get to the assignment.Here is an example from one of my old shells. Here I changed the due date to Sep 1st 2020: It looks good here before I c...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone. In muy university, professors are interested on lower score  when a student makes a wrong question. Does anyone know how it can be done?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

At other institutions, Turnitin is embedded in Canvas assignments but I can't figure out how to enable Turnitin on Canvas at DVC. Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In a single Canvas assignment, is it possible to have students submit both a document AND a media recording? When creating the assignment, it's easy to click both types, but Canvas seems to interpret that as 'OR'. When students try to submit, they ar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there community, I got an issue, whenever I try to publish my course I get a displayed message that says: "Complete registration by clicking in the "finish the registration process" link sent to your email".The thing is that I had done that before...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My final exam I gave Winter quarter 2020 has disappeared from the course. I have looked everywhere. Any thoughts as to where to look further?Sheryl

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Recently, when logging into Canvas, I'm getting pop-ups wanting me to take a tour and offering help.  My question is - how can I prevent this from happening and simply go straight into canvas (like it used to)?Thanks!canvas@bradpikemusic.com

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,We have been using Canvas for a while now and just started to run into an issue with some students.  Some teachers send assignments using the Google Cloud external tool and when some students click on the assignment it requires them to authoriz...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,We have been using Canvas for a while now and just started to run into an issue with some students.  Some teachers send assignments using the Google Cloud external tool and when some students click on the assignment it requires them to authoriz...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and I accidentally deleted an exam from assignments on Canvas. Can I retrieve it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am learning the "New Quizzes" and have come across a few questions. I have set my grade to complete/incomplete. Is there a way to set it to complete only if they make a 70 or higher? Also, when using speed grader, I found that I couldn't upda...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I imbed a pic in an announcement, it keeps coming up sideways. How do I fix that? The pic isn't sideways in my photos. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, when I go to the "Home" column for any of my classes, Britannica Schools was disabled.  How do I get it back again?Thank you, Anne

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Did anyone have issues uploading their photo on the main Canvas profile? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Can i retrieve something I have deleted form Canvas Inbox.  If so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know Canvas randomizes quiz questions. Is there a way how to create blocks of quiz questions and randomize the blocks instead?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies