Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am looking for a bank of templates that have various structures of blank modules that await population. Modules that are already set up and have different pre-requisites. For example: complete the first module and then than unlocks two more, then 4...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can answers for things like maths have students be given the ability to type in symbols like degrees or square roots for surd form?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I gave a quiz and had extra questions for a section as people choose four of six to answer and could not choose zero points--it forced me to put point values, which made the quiz add up to more than the total. Now I cannot seem to alter the total of ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Without making a new account how can i find my password/make a new one with the same email?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I set up my modules with the assignments I published everything; however, when I went to the student view, the modules were not visible... only the assignments?? I would like to modules to be visible because it is much more organized for the st...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a transfer student from WCCCD. Just accepted over the Winter. Due to Covid-19 I am unable to speak to anyone regarding financial aid, choosing my classes, but more importantly at the moment where do I find Orientation?  have read guidelines and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I change the name of a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do students submit a written essay to complete the midterm?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When would I use a page versus creating a module.  It looks like there is more to a module, but I'm not sure where to put what. For example..since moving to online I want to catch people up from where we left off.  Some students are missing one thing...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

our camera is not working 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If an Instructor accidentally deleted a quiz they created, can it be recovered?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking to set an economics task where I want students to show their understanding through drawing diagrams on paper so that it can be done in timed conditions. What is the easiest way for students to do this (while working under a bit of pressu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am out of space in my canvas courses and need more ASAP.  I realize my ppt with audio files are big but I have a Mac and cannot easily convert them to videos using Powerpoint.  Additionally, many of the lab activities I am creating online are large...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I import a youtube link to a canvas shell?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student trying to get into a course on our dashboard.  It shows her enrolled but when she tries to access content, it tells her the course is restricted.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i get the external tools button to appear in my calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an account with one teacher but I have to add my other teachers to my canvas account i have a code but I don’t know how to do it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My group is attempting to use google docs within the people > group > collaborations > google doc file pathway. I was asked to authorize one file and was able to access, but the other files simply flash the authorization screen and immediately switch...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I have created a demo quiz on canvas before building a whole year group assessment piece. I am having 2 main issues.1. I have included outcomes in the course (algebra and number) and assigned one of these outcomes to each question in the quiz. How...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have made a video recording of me reading a story, however it is 7 minutes long. So CANVAS wont allow me to add that as file size is to big. I also tried snipping the video into 3 parts, but one is 3 mins long and still wont allow. I have then ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to get a Kami Google Drive Assignment external tool to work on my Canvas page, but the only external tool that shows up is Kami and while I was looking at the external tools my Google Drive Cloud Assignment is also gone.  Any ideas on how...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm having trouble getting Confer/Zoom to work.  It appears to connect only to students with cells.  I'm not getting students who have webcams.  Suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are having a hard time logging in once they have created an account and joined my classroom. They get an "invalid" message and have to recreate an account. Has anyone else had this issue?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A colleague contacted me last night with a question about "Conferences" in Canvas. He is using "Conferences" for synchronous lectures once a week and he is recording them so they can be available for students asynchronously. His question is can capti...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you create a teacher group outside of a course in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructions for creating a question bank in canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I attach a word document to the assignment? I want create an assignment that is to completed in word document.   I would like to upload a word document for my student to type and then upload.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I deleted an assignment on canvas, together with grades and comments. Can  retrieve it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I signed up for an account as a teacher, but I think I should have signed up as a student.  Can I change my account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies