Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Has anyone used this feature and how have you used it in a student assignment? Was it easy to use? I'm a new canvas user but catching on quickly and think some health-related articles may be useful for my class. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I deleted events in my Canvas Calendar, but they keep showing up in my Google iCal. I have deleted and reinstalled my Canvas calendar with my iCal several times and the deleted events in Canvas continue to show up in my Google calendar and I cannot d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to add Vietnamese to Canvas. I've already add vi.yml to config/localesI do not know how to configure it to be used.I have read through this How do I add a new language to Canvas? · Issue #1314 · instructure/canvas-lms · GitHub  but I still do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i HAVE A MAC DESKTOP NOT SURE  OF THE KIND BUT NEEDLESS  TO SAY I CANT USE CANVAS COMPLETELY BECAUSE IT SAYS I DONT HAVE COOKIES TO SUPPORT CANVAS AND TO CHANGE MY SETTINGS BUT IM NOT SURE HOW TO DO SO PLEASE HELP 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that you can see other users when on a conference. I can see all the users but no one can see each other.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

And I know how to go to settings and drag from the disabled section to the enabled section....I'm saving but still not showing up on navigation bar so I can sync

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I, the instructor, change the picture that shows on my Canvas course cards in the dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you regrade an online multiple choice quiz for the entire class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While in a conference is there a way to let other users on video see each other? I can see everyone but the other users can not see each other.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@How do I have grades from #_SpeedGrader show up in #_Pinnacle?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create a quiz, it allows me to search for questions from question banks, but not from existing quizzes.  Is there any other way that I can import a quiz question from an existing quiz?  I don't want to import questions from question banks beca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

ANSWER. Accuplacer Tests are being conducted at the Grandview Plaza campus just outside post. (100 Continental Dr.) between 0900-1300 Friday 4/3, Tuesday 4/7, and Friday 4/10. Just bring your Barton ID. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have just realized tons of the links to Canvas Guides we have saved/used on pages are broken. This is causing us significant work at a time when we don't have the time.... It's also not consistent as to which have changed. We can't find anything i...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is it possible to organize announcements to show most recent announcement first?  Using student view- I am worried students won't see announcement if it is not directly on their home screen.  I'm not sure how to make sure the most recent date shows w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using a free teacher account. A few days ago I was able to share my quizzes. Now the button is gone. Does anyone know what happened?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm so used to saying bring me your completed work (back when it was done on paper) so I can check it. Now, all my kids are saying they've done it already in canvas. Last week I found out from one of my middle child's teachers, that was not at all tr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My video recording that I wanted to embed in an assignment disappeared.  Recorded video following directions on YouTube.  Saved recording.  No preview. Refreshed. No preview.  It worked yesterday, but the day before I had the same problem. Couldn't f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the black dot which appears to the left of a discussion before or after you pin it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Both of my kids are linked in my observer account but I am only getting emails for one of them. Anyone experience this and know how to fix?  What am I missing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to move questions from one bank to another. I understand the mechanics of it: select the bank, select move multiple questions, select the questions, select the bank to move them to. This works for some of my banks, not others. In so...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morning!I have been searching for the chat feature in Canvas, but I don't see it anywhere. I am enrolled as an administrator, and after searching the courses and the navigations pane I went to the admin pages. I don't see it there, either. Can a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I give a different quiz in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher login at the same institution as my son butam not succeeding in finding where to enter a code to monitor my child's courses-

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the conference feature, the application window is not available.  Having a hard time teaching the students from a PowerPoint because the screen is frozen to one slide.  Or I jump to another tab but then I can't see the chat feature.  Very ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have added others as TAs to my course, but one specific person has been unable to be added. I entered their school email in and Canvas give me the error message "We were unable to find matches below." Is there anything else I need to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

What are some good plugins/LTIs to check for plagiarism in submitted assignments/gradebook?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to exclude a test grade JUST for certain students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have broken images in my courses. How do I fix them? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Change the time zone?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add another teacher to my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies