Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,A colleague invited me to a course but I can't see the Accept Invitation selection on either my email or Canvas. Where do I find it please?Kind regards, Michelle

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am giving a writing test in which students need to summarize a reading passage. I currently have the passage before the text box, but it requires a lot of scrolling to get to the beginning of the passage. Is there a better way to include the readin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find the school announcements?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, now that I'm placing midterms online as a Canvas quiz, I need to prepare for the inevitable case where a student is disconnected while taking the quiz. If I allow that student a multiple attempt, it seems it will replace their work from the first...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I see OSD enrollments in my course, what are these? Says observer, nobody

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the calendar #scheduler tool, there is a place to message students by appointment group.  It appears that you can only send a group email rather than individual emails unless the group is very large (100+).In keeping with privacy guidelines, I'd l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can a duplicate a course with the Canvas Free Version?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can I restore my settings after importing a template for my course? I have too many courses overlapping and too many buttons images etc that are not relevant. How do I reset and go back to the beginning?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the current environment of mass online schooling, I'd like students to take a graded multiple choice quiz, but only count it if it improves their overall grade. I really want students to be able to see their scores, in the Gradebook, but to overri...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My Quizlet app doesn't seem to find quizlets? any solutions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a tool like Immersive Reader that will read quizzes to students in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I find the link validator, and how do I use it to check my links?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Or how do you push out an announcement.  I do not see "messages" on any of my navigation panels.  This was easy in Polylearn. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I choose an external tool for an assignment (like turnitin.com), I am unable to create a rubric for the assignment. How do I add the rubric so I can still use the gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I write two versions of an exam, not using question banks and groups, just having V1 and V2, is it possible to randomly assign them to the class?    I can create a group and assign V1 to group 1, but is there another way? If I put a student in a g...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I activate (link) a button on my home page?  I have a class news button that I want to link to announcements.  Right now it is not a "hot" link.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In creating two versions of an exam, I typically have one graph and then ask a series of questions about either point "a" or point "b".  I can create the image in a text question.  I can create question banks and create a group to pick questions from...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I shut off the missing assignment alert that goes to students?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I received a notification from a student that they completed a quiz. When I click on to see their score, it is saying access denied, you don't have access to view this resource. Can someone help me. Is it because I cross listed my classes? How do I s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In speed grade, if I update score of a question for one student, the updated score is transferred to the next student even if the next student did not answer that question. It is creating signification difficulties to grade multiple fill in the blank...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is is possible to delete prior notifications from my students’ view. When I was first learning Canvas and published a lesson a few weeks ago, I went back several times to the first few lessons modifying them a bit by adding, deleting, tweaking. Littl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Imported my question bank into a new course. It disappeared. Overwrote all the questions to the old ones. Anyone else had this issue?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I edit (remove) the name of a student off of assignment so I may share with others without violating.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The Canvas "curve" option is not how most academics think of grade curving. Most times, we want to simply add points (or subtract) to everyone's quiz or assignment grades. To date, the only way is to do this is manually, student by student. There nee...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I hit ctrl-K to insert a hyperlink, I now have to click an additional time in the link box (as opposed to the old RCE that allowed a quick crtl-V for pasting).  The fewer clicks the better when creating pages, so is it expected that this option ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Suddenly this semester I'm not receiving notifications on my college email for emails that students send me through Canvas. I've double- and triple-checked my Notifications (which doesn't offer a column for email messages), looked through every Canva...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

how do I upload a picture to canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After spending over an hour on editing a rubric, all the edits are gone. Frustrating. Before I start again, what happened, what should I do/not do?:smileylaugh:

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

1. SSI Editor and Viewer are on my schools whitelist and should be available.2. Location of the app is in assignments, according to the settings list.3. I looked for the info in published and unpublished assignments as well as in Edit mode and not in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I ask students to submit ungraded optional reports and other assignments in CANVAS?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies