Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I created a Canvas Quiz.  The last "question" was for an optional file upload for students to show their work.  I made it out of 0 points.  I am using it manually to award partial credit to questions that were not scored correct automatically.  The g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to set a Quiz in Canvas to allow one student additional time to take it, since that student has permission to take additional time due to a learning disability.  Is there any way to do this, shy of making a separate quiz just for that stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I quickly change all my questions to a point value of 0.5 rather than the default 1.0?Nvrmd.... I just found a solution:  Moving all questions into a question group then changing the point value..... Thanks for letting me process. 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am planning to assign a podcast assignment to my Fall course, and I'd like to know if they can be uploaded via Canvas, and if so is there a particular format that is necessary? A part of the assignment is to produce a transcript (which I know can b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the librarian at my school and am trying to assist a teacher who is desperate to have her Canvas issues resolved. She created her courses and now several of the assignments are not accessible to students--saying that they do not have permission....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally put an assignment in twice and didn't realize it.  Is there any way to combine the two assignments? Students have already submitted to both so I would like to merge them so that they are not getting the"missing" label for one even thou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Why didn't I get sent a link to update my password? I've tried getting canvas to send a link to my email several times and I still haven't received anything. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy!I am currently mentoring a group of faculty during their "unscheduled introduction to the Canvas Community." One of the big challenges we've faced is doing their "traditional" classes online, but the Conferences tool is a fantastic resource.How...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can teachers within the same school share quizzes they have made? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a "New Quiz" but now I don't know how to assign it to my different classes or how to even put it into my module page.  It doesn't populate when I try to Add Quiz inside the Module.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I need to talk to someone about canvas.  my computer is not working properly in canvas.help.loretta palmore

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to translate Canvas to Espanol for just one child without changing the entire group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in a Page and giving instructions about how to use software (Premiere Pro). I have uploaded PNG files to demonstrate the proper settings for Premiere. The pages looked fine but 2 days later the PNG files all went off line. This is the case on my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to design an online midterm exam. The exam contains 3 problems (it is an Engineering course) with 8 to 10 questions per problem. In order to reduce any cheating probabilities, I have decided to have 3 slightly different sets of questions,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to copy a New Quiz from one course to another. I see on the side of the quiz it says "Copy," and so I click that, and then it asks which course to copy to, and which module to copy to, and then it gets to copy and says at the top that the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between a Google Assignment and a Google Docs Cloud Assignment? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am a teacher in Volusia County, I use Canvas and recently one of my colleagues at another school told me that we can sync our grades from canvas into Focus. I searched and found how to do it, but it isn't enabled and I can't find anyone to enable i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want up upload an image for a quiz. When I do, the student view says it is available to the students. How do I upload an image for a quiz that students can't see?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have been able to delete them in the Module but when I bring up "Grades" all I can do it hide them.  We are using this as a check-in for attendance on a daily basis and the columns are piling up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how would I assess a peer Journal article on establishing a social and emotional support group for families with special-needs children

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My wife is a student at San Jose State University and all her teachers have an announcement feed at the top of their home page. The rest of their home page is just a page they created with their own content, but the announcement feed is uniform in th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Custom sections seem to be the preferred method of setting up differentiated work for students in Canvas. Groups seemed like they would work because you can assign to a group. But, they don't because a single submission counts for all members of the ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can different students take a quiz at different times?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I change the image of the tile?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our CSR has moved on to another job, who is my new CSR? Should I expect an introduction of some sort? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have two questions:1. In "Kaltura My Media", I have published all videos to the class, why students cannot see them? Under each video, it has been shown "published".2. Since the students can't see my videos published in "Kaltura My Media", I al...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want my students to share their power point presentation for classmates to look at and comment on. Is Discussions the place to do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is only 1 assignment that I can not see the comments that have been made in the speed grader.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why do some students say that the assignment is locked?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a 7th and 8th grade school counselor and I am wondering if me and my co worker that that is the 5th and 6th grade counselor can have access to the same page? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies