Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how do I make a "group" or at least add my school to the current group list

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I copy a quiz from one course to another one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I added the flip grid app to my course by following the directions within Canvas.  I got a notification that popped up that said the app was added.  It then says it should now appear on my side bar but it isn't.  Where can I find it to access it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've lost my navigation buttons on some pages how do I get them back?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I set up an assignment for a short test requiring the students to upload a file to submit. Some students failed to submit their assignment and instead emailed me their file. Is there a way I can now "attach these files" to the students assignment rec...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I signed up for an observer/parent account, added both my children and can see the sunshine state quiz courses for both of them and the science course that my daughter was in before schools closed. I do not see the distance learning courses for eithe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up a group and assigned students and added announcements and asked students to add questions to a Discussion board.I can see the instructor view and make the additions I have mentioned and that was fairly straightforward.When I switch to s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to get a report for the teachers attendance is that possible? I will like it to be in alphabetical order, for a month? The report show the teachers daily attendance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If a student is excused from a quiz, is he/she locked out of it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi.This article describes some company changes. 4 Items on Instructure’s To-Do List After the Sale of the Canvas LMS Provider | EdSurge News How will this sale influence development of new quizzes, and other new features?Please, keep this positive. 

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Especially a video

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete or change a teachers account I accidently made for a student.. I am trying to sign my child up for this for his school and I accidently signed him up as a teacher!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm giving an exam with two essay questions. The test is an hour in total, but I only want students to spend 20 minutes on the first question. Is there a way to "force" students out of the first question after 20 minutes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to submit a pdf for an assignment and have tried using different browsers including the incognito mode on safari and all im left with is the 'submitting' button, but it never goes to completion. I know it's not my internet because ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need assistance sending email to my students.  I have made various attempts and it is not working for me.  Also, its only showing that there is only one person in my class.  Please help me

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have four kids doing online learning right now and they have to share computers. It is really frustrating to have to log in and out every single time. Is there a way to keep them all logged in and just toggle between students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I  can't get anything to load on my pasco connect I can see anything so I have not been able to start the only thing I can do with my daughter is read on the book shelf what do I do how do I fix it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an Assignment under the Assessments section. Students submitted the exercise by text. I commented on the exercises through Speedgrader but students can't see the comments.What have I done wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have blue printed material to a course and the student view is not taking the changes made and restricting student access. Some pages, quizzes missing in student view.  @chris_cividino ‌  @david_summervil ‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our school is now in Quarter 4 and I would like to change my grade category weights. However, I receive these error messages when I try to adjust the weights. All of the assignments are outside of the grading period (Q3 assignments), but I can't dele...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I open Turnitin in Canvas, I do not see a SpeedGrader button. I want to use SpeedGrader to comment on my students' papers, but I can't figure out why it's not there. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to canvas thanks to Covid-19. I have entered quizzes and exams into the system and I am finding, thank you students, that the answers are provided (shown ) on their end. How do I make this stop?  During set-up, I entered questions, checked t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would not like to recreate the content!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

brought question into each question from canvas tab.All were up loaded into files folder.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I gave a timed test as part of a midterm exam (second time ever - I have had an in-person class until now).  A few students did not show up online to take it so I contacted them and offered to give it to them later.  I searched for how to give a quiz...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can you give me a link

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Moving quickly online from face-to-face teaching, I am trying to get a midterm exam ready for students. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of having to enter each question manually, so I'm looking for an option to upload the questions at once using a c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to import an entire module or page, without having to also import the assignments, quizzes, discussions, etc. that are linked to that page?  When sharing content among common grade levels/teachers, it would be really helpful/quick/easy...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When  adding 'people'. If I click on "can interact with users in this section only" what does this refer to.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a student send a Canvas Inbox message to all other students in a class at once? (e.g., can a student send an email blast to the whole class via the Canvas Inbox?)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies