Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm stuck. I have created my profile and updated my notifications as well as completed a bio. That's as far as I can get. I've been working on this for over an hour, feeling really frustrated and dumb! How can I get assistance other than reading othe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

How does a student up load his completed assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, when creating a quiz, an instructor wants to assign the quiz to just a couple students.When the instructor goes to the "Assign to" field, and clicks inside the field, Canvas auto-displays a drop down window with a list of sections, student names,...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

1.  Can you set up a conference for a certain time within the set up?  2.  Do you have to invite all students in your course or can you just invite one class at a time?  How do you do this if it is possible?3.  Is there a way for teachers to write on...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for student to have access again to CANVAS account? He disenrolled 6 March 2020 from OUSD-Lincoln Middle

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created my class in Canvas. I went to push Publish and it says I need to confirm my registration in the email. I went to the email and clicked the link but it says I already completed the process. (Some of the problem may have come from completing ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

g

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a syllabus under MODULES in the sandbox and tried to publish it.  Is there a way I can copy the syllabus from MODULES and move it to one of my classes on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I link my Canvas course to my Google Classroom?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't see what my professor is screen sharing or hear anyone when we have conferences. An error pops up saying: "Failure on call (reason = incompatible SDP) (error 1004). When I tried the app on my phone, I would click join but nothing pops up at a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What does the home page look like to the students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I videotaped myself reading (almost 15 min) and then created the assignment with the video to the wrong calendar.  How can I switch it to the right calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to duplicate a module and all content from one course to another.  How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Two of my classes did not have the “Conference” button visible on Canvas. I was able to email the students a link for the conference after I created it. How do I enable the Conference button for those 2 classes? Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can a student submit a Word Document as an Assignment using a MAC computer? Are there any pictures with instructions a student to follow?Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I take attendance in Conferences?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a link to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable the microphone on Canvas to record?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted an assignment and now the submissions from that assignment are gone with it. Is there anything I can do to retrieve them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to allow multiple submissions in an assignment but i do not find that option. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to remove an account and the answers I've been getting are not applicable. As recommended, I have gone into my account but there is no "help" button on the bottom left and the help option on the bottom right only seems to let me post, etc....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many of the images I uploaded into my courses files are not showing today, as well as many of my students' account image faces are not showing when I use Speed Grader (only question marks in its place).  I just updated my iMac OS to Catalina 10.15.4 ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One, Canvas is so annoyingly unintuitive with not enough error messages or guidance in the menus.Two, I imported a class and all my assignments are marked "imported assignments" so it does not let me move the discussion to 'discussions'.Second, it im...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add myself as an observer to multiple children? When I attempt, it says user already in use.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi, how many modules or units can i create...am i limited to a specific number?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I delete files in previous canvas courses? I teach in semesters, and I'm trying to modify items in last semester's course. None of the typical instructor buttons seem to be live for a previous course, and I would like to delete an old answer key ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello all,Been having no trouble putting an image in canvas until today.  Today, I embed the image and I get a blank box with smaller blue box with a ? mark in it on my end.  I restarted everything hoping that would fix the issue and it would go back...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have used Proctorio for remote proctoring of exams.  We have a instructor who has put all of his quizzes in New Quizzes.  Now that we have to go remote, he has found that Proctorio does not work with New Quizzes.  There isn't a way (that I know of...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can you duplicate a rubric and then revise and save it as a new rubric?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 17 Replies