Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi All,Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before, I can't find a direct answer anywhere.If grades are hidden (as a course and / or assignment posting policy set to manual) are students able to see any feedback annotated on submissions usi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

testI have a test in one of my classes and want to repost it in the same class for different students to use. How do I do that

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I recently created a new course, google drive was no longer accessible in that course.  It is still linked to other courses I have created.  I cannot find it in settings- apps at all.  (I am in a "free for teacher" account.)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

new to canvas.. not new to L.M.S... however I am trying to edit my course home page.. when doing so as a teacher I can see that I have made the edits. then when saving I note that my edits are not visable?additionally when I create an assignment the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using the current quiz option -- if a multiple choice question has 5 options with 4 of them correct, is there a way to only give credit if they get all 4 correct?  We don't want to give them partial credit for only getting 2 or 3 correct -- they have...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have one student reporting that nothing shows on his TO DO list.  I suspect there are a few students experiencing this as they have done no work in the past 2 weeks. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create an assigment that allows students to reply?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to move a subaccount, that contains courses, from one parent to another?We have a Drafting subaccount under our Technical account but need to move Drafting so that it appears under our Business Education account. My inclination is to u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using the New Quizzes but I want students to have access to the correct answers after a certain date (not just after their attempt). Is it possible to set that up with the New Quizzes (I know it's available with the classic quiz but canno...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear all,I'm trying to set up a digital exam in canvas. I created the exam using R-exams, which allows me to easily randomise questions to make cheating less easy. On their website they mention that it should be possible to import exams in canvas, bu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why is my dashboard blinking and I can't open the courses?Why can't I get my audio to work

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi!  I'm new to Canvas, and when I created a Quiz (for the first time) it asked me to choose between Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes.  I chose the Classic.  Since then, all my quizzes are in the classic version, but my colleagues are in the new versio...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

One of our Faculty has a couple of assignments due in April with zeros showing in her Gradebook for most of the students and then a few students there is not a zero showing.  In doing some research I couldn't find an answer for this issue.  Thanks fo...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I share my classes with other grade level teachers and ESS/ELD teachers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create small groups and only assign them certain assignments. I attempted to do this with groups but it turns out when the first student turned it in, it filled everyones assignment. Is there a way for them to submit work individual through...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to import content from Canvas course from different instuctor

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to record my voice responding to a graded assignment. I got a message that I need to allow Canvas to access my microphone however I do not get an allow button.  What do I do.Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When viewing the student dashboard, the "To Do" column contains announcements and uncompleted assignments. Assignments go away when submitted but announcements stay until replaced with new tasks. There is an "x" to mark announcements as read or compl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am new to Canvas. My students have never used Canvas. Once I create my course, how do I inform the students of the course and how to enroll? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Resetting a student's password?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have supervisor rights for my school and the student view button from teacher homepages is no longer there. Is there a way to get that button/feature back? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I use chat on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can assignments in a closed grading period be edited or deleted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enter the grade in the "green" grade box 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed the online teacher training course last week. I guess when I started the course, it asked if I wanted to receive notifications. At the time I must have clicked yes thinking it was going to send me my notifications. I am now getting email ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can two teachers hold conferences at the same time within the same course?  For example, if it is a class that is cotaught with a resource teacher?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created grade level modules that I would like to share with other instructors but the "share to" only show up in the individual items and not under Modules.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. Is anyone else having an issue trying to print an attendance report with a student ID and getting an error?? I can't get it to work, and I need to submit it to an outside source ASAP. Thanks!! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've used Discussion Boards before in my classes but I want to start limiting the number of students in each board to 5 so that they can contribute new ideas to each other. I don't care about assigning the groups. In the Discussion I checked "This is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies