Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Even though I have read a message in Discussions, it still shows that it has not been read? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't see a pic on the Canvas page when creating a quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students and I are having trouble uploading videos that we have recorded in the rich content editor.  We can record, but then when we hit save, nothing happens.  Why would this be happening and what can we do to fix it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to give a graded quiz in Canvas so that both (a) the student must upload a file in response to the question and (b) SpeedGrader will allow me to annotate the file the same way I can with a Canvas assignment? I really need both the time...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We have an assignment in math where each student have submitted several pngs and/or pdfs. When a teacher is grading in speedgrader and using the feedback tools a error emerges saying "embedded page at canvadocs-prod-dub.inscloudgate.net.says An error...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team,Am facing issue in canvas malformed csv while my csv files upload  automated. imported file with the messages error that  prevent to import   canvas_term.csv-molformed csv canvas_account.csv-molformed csv .I checked format utf-8 everything fi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning,when i start to create a conference as a teacher it gives me an error (saving failed) and the invitation won't sent to the student.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One member of a group assignment submitted but a teammate found an error and wanted to resubmit.  It appears that only the original submitter can resubmit, not anyone in the group.  Is that correct?  Allowing multiple members of the group to be able ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I view .pages files in SpeedGrader submitted by my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just wiped out my course while trying to import a quiz!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I have crated an html interactive page with some videos and images and embedded it into canvas. I can see that videos and images are not working in chrome browser can you please help me out with this problem.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Lately, with online Distance learning, we have moved much of our curriculum on Canvas where students complete an assignment on Google Forms.  When students complete the assignment and hit the "submit" button the assignment in a student's Dashboard in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I integrated my Flipgrid into Canvas. I went to Settings, Apps, Installed Flipgrid. Then I went to My Flipgrid and clicked Integrations, copy "Consumer key and Share Secret". I did follow all the instructions, but Flipgrid didn't show up under HOME o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a new course not affiliated with any institutions. I tried adding new users under People. I add their emails and sent them. They have not received my emails. I saw note that my course has to be published in order for them to receive a link....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to set up a page that my grade 2 class can access from home as we move to on line learning. If yes, how do I go about it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to add a rubric to individual essay questions on a quiz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does it mean when I upload media, and I get the message: Media is currently being converted please try back again later.  #media recordings‌

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Durante una evaluación en canvas tengo entendido que si un alumno cambia la pestaña, de manera que en el Action Log se sabe que cierto alumno salió de la pestaña y por tanto queda como inactiva. Para que el profesor sepa esto, debe revisar personalme...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a file from 'My Media' to a file in Module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I access my Cost Accounting class online using canvas? I see the course on my dashboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment that students submit through an external tool, Google Assignment.  Here is a screenshot of its settings.This assignment exists in a module where students have to work through the module items in sequential order to progress to th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you turn in an assignment if there is no place to turn it in on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can participants on a conference can see eachothers webcam. I know the teacher can see the students faces but can students can see eachother? We´ve been having trouble with this, is there an option where they can?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

She can see the tab but nothing happens when she clicks it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have Canvas organised in such a way that each of our Course(s) has multiple Sections.    Each Section has both Students and one Teacher.    This looks great at the Admin level, but our Teachers are getting Notifications about OTHER Teacher(s)' stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are given error messages when they try to answer an imbedded question in an Mivideo for credit. How do I fix it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I give a timed one-hour quiz at 1 pm and set the available until time at 2:30, will students who start at 1 pm and time out still be able to view the quiz between 2:00 and 2:30?Asking because I have a bunch of students who need extended time on th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I need to ad a teacher assistant to my Homeroom Course.  When I follow the instructions to add a person to a course, the People tab on the side bar says "disabled" and when I click the People tab, I only see my students.  The "add group" icon is ther...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What can I do when the Course Links Validator says links are unreachable and I have deleted them or they do work ?Shelley MillhouseManager Gifted and Highly AbleInclusion and Diversity ServicesMob: 0427 610 338shelley.millhouse@education.tas.gov.au<m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have seen comments on the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-18558-microsoft-teams-meetings-in-canvas thread identifying the issue where students are joining meetings as presenters rather than attendees. I would prefer students join chats as ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies