Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can I set up a timed online submission, eg for an MCQ exam in Canvas so that students only have a set period of time (eg 2hrs) to complete their submissions starting from the time they actually start within say an overall  24 hour period?So can indiv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas app is down. How do I report the problem? The status update that Canvas provides is saying everything is good

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to assign a non graded assignment (review answer key) to only a few students who get copies of review answers in their IEP? I want the review answers only to show up in those student's canvas not anyone elses. I tried creating a non gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently an observer in a class. Can I switch to student mode on my own? Or does the professor have to change my role?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I invited students and a teacher to my canvas page, but they have not received the invite. Why is this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I open a quiz for one or two students when it is still open for everyone, but they are supposed to only have one chance?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

is there a way for all 6 students to see each other on the screen during small groups? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am trying to upload a video from my iphone to the canvas teacher app. What is the largest amount of time that a video can be to upload?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In this new world of online learning, I am copying over assignments from my regular online classes into my face to face that are now online. I unpublished the old face to face assignments,  but I am keeping them for next semester next to the new assi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you delete a student's first submission to an assignment and then open it up so they can submit new material to the same assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do students record and upload a video to canvas so other students can view? Directions please and thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are two courses on my dashboard.They are the same course, available to students in two different degree programs (so the only difference is the identification number).I want to Merge the two courses because all students will progress through th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to annotate PDF's in speedgrader with a touchscreen laptop and a stylus. I select the pen tool but it just drags the PDF around when I try to write anything. This happens with any annotation tool I select. This is very frustrating as ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am having trouble adding students using their private email (gmail) to a course I created manually.  Is this not possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to hide/archive previous classes and using the 'star' like I am supposed to, but it doesn't seem to keep them archived in previous courses.  So I have gone back and forth trying to check or uncheck and they always seem to appear, sometime...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi.Is it possible to generate groups that take into account attendance?I would like to create groups of 2 students automatically for a class of 40 students. I need to make sure that no one is left without a partner because the chosen partner is sick....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Trying to come up with a contingency assignment for 85 students whose live practical exam was canceled due to pandemic.  Created and uploaded two 14 minute videos using the "import from Box" button, but rather than put the videos there, it puts a hyp...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was looking for the status of the recent CMS courses but was sent elsewhere.  I started what I thought was a classroom account for my speech-language students over the weekend.  Now I can't retrieve my CMS Canvas account.  Where or who do I go to f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I hide completed courses in dashboard

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students cannot see the class blocks (forgive my lack of the proper terms) when they open dashboard. Our first class is today, March 30. My subject is, "Adventures in Online Learning with Ms. Johnson."I am not very tech savvy. So please describe t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At this point in the term, I am in module Week 13 or 14.  When  boot up Canvas, I always start at Week 1 and then have to scroll down to Week, say, 13.  Is there a short cut method of jumping from Week 1 to a later Week?  I have to do this every I go...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are looking to have all grades going forward (from March 20th until the end of the school year) in our district be pass-fail grades. Wondering if there is a way to do this for the whole district that uses Canvas.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

While login to canvas we are getting error "You are not currently logged in, possibly due to a long period of inactivity"  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i can see my other 3 classes just not my English class. i can only see what my instructor  sent us through my notifications and not on the dashboard. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We installed Canvas LMS from the Bitnami installer and it was running fine for long time from October 2019 till last week we did not face any problem and last week user start getting error "You are not currently logged in, possibly due to a long peri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a Kaltura video lecture/quiz, and uploaded into Canvas, then I ordered mechanical captioning. I know that it is notoriously bad, but I decided to try it once and see what happens. It was pretty bad, but I was able to edit it using an XML ed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I put accent marks on Canvas and how can I provide it for my Spanish students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On some math problems in quizzes, I am using the "General answer comments" to provide students with an explanation of the solution.I try to remain concise but often get the following message: "Neutral comments html is too long, max length is 5120 cha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2024 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm unable to add a TA to a course that has already closed. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to extend the end date of the course and reopen it to all students. I just want to be able to add a TA to the concluded course to look at its contents...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I remove students placed in my classes? I have several students who have transferred out of my class but are still listed in my CANVAS account.Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies