Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

At this point in the term, I am in module Week 13 or 14.  When  boot up Canvas, I always start at Week 1 and then have to scroll down to Week, say, 13.  Is there a short cut method of jumping from Week 1 to a later Week?  I have to do this every I go...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are looking to have all grades going forward (from March 20th until the end of the school year) in our district be pass-fail grades. Wondering if there is a way to do this for the whole district that uses Canvas.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

While login to canvas we are getting error "You are not currently logged in, possibly due to a long period of inactivity"  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i can see my other 3 classes just not my English class. i can only see what my instructor  sent us through my notifications and not on the dashboard. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We installed Canvas LMS from the Bitnami installer and it was running fine for long time from October 2019 till last week we did not face any problem and last week user start getting error "You are not currently logged in, possibly due to a long peri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a Kaltura video lecture/quiz, and uploaded into Canvas, then I ordered mechanical captioning. I know that it is notoriously bad, but I decided to try it once and see what happens. It was pretty bad, but I was able to edit it using an XML ed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I put accent marks on Canvas and how can I provide it for my Spanish students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On some math problems in quizzes, I am using the "General answer comments" to provide students with an explanation of the solution.I try to remain concise but often get the following message: "Neutral comments html is too long, max length is 5120 cha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2024 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm unable to add a TA to a course that has already closed. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to extend the end date of the course and reopen it to all students. I just want to be able to add a TA to the concluded course to look at its contents...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I remove students placed in my classes? I have several students who have transferred out of my class but are still listed in my CANVAS account.Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, a question for those who have migrated to Canvas from Blackboard. We have some modules that use Blackboard journals to store ethics forms and discussion around them which need to be kept after we turn Blackboard off. The standard tools in copying...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I would like to ask regarding 'block mode' on my macbook. I am so worried that I could not get access to the lectures in the modules tab. It shows a blank screen but I can log in through my disloyal and my iPhone. How do I troubleshoot it?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hopefully, the translation "cut-off score" is correct (in Dutch it is called a "cesuur"). Last week, students of a certain course had to take an exam which had 85 questions, 100 points in total. The acquired score is translated very directly into a g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible for Canvas to convert a Word document to quizzes. In today's environment, most of our on ground faculty have their quizzes in Word format that are given to students in hard copy. Now I have repeated requests to convert these Word quizz...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to submit my thesis via canvas and there can't see anywhere to attack a document. My link is coming up blank: HELP!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Has anyone successfully been able to create a firewall policy which denies every other internet traffic but access Canvas ONLY?  I have played a bit with certain IP addresses I have received but each time I have only obtained limited Canvas functi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,One of our teachers had received submitted tasks from his students and he had evaluated, commented and graded 6 of these.  But the next day he was unable to find the documents which included the comments.  I suspect he accidentally might have been...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

BRIEF ANSWER

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I'm trying to find out what are the system requirements for BigBlueButton? I've got a Government client trying to organise it being 'whitelisted' for their staff to use/access through Canvas 'conferences'. Any pointers? Thanks, friends.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students are trying to submit Google slides to Canvas and are receiving a page error message. We've successfully assigned Google slides via Google Classroom to be submitted to Canvas for several years and have not had any trouble until now.#canvas-su...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I copy my Question Bank from one course into another course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I enable the microphone to record/upload media? thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a course? I created 2 by mistake.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I retrieve a quiz I accidentally deleted??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Most of our assessments are made up of multiple choice type questions, which are auto marked. If a student gets them wrong in canvas, they have to do EVERY single question again regardless of whether they go it right or wrong.Has anyone worked out ho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I copy a quiz from one class to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a new course to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To the community,I teach at two different colleges, and I want to import course content from one college's canvas to another. I was able to export content into a zip drive from one college's canvas course to my desktop and then import it to the other...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i log off and stop receiving phone text alerts for canvas discussion 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,I’ve had this problem all day where both my IMac and MacBook Pro both display this huge image of the dashboard. I can’t do anything whatsoever. If I click on something, it doesn’t load. I need to fix this ASAP as I’m taking all online class...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies