Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If I delete an assignment from students, should it still show up in there To-do list? If it is still showing, what might be the issue?#todolist‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Some of students in another faculty members class are not able to access the videos he has posted.Here is a description of the problem and the workaround.Students log in to Canvas and go to the course page Click on the “Announcements” link in the lis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get rid of Cidi Lab Design Tools that just kept popping up when I try to edit course in Canvas? Found the link in the gear settings. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I email my teacher a question?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an a course for my students, but the code comes up as invalid. Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just administer a quiz online and a student is asking which questions they got wrong so they could go over them with me. I clicked on student analysis but it doesn't show me the individual students and the exact questions they got wrong. Can someon...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We just recently upgraded our version of Canvas. We used a version that was over two years old before. One of the things that I've been unable to locate in the new version is URL submission links in the Canvas gradebook. In our previous version, when...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am in Human anatomy and physiology and I am trying to start the class but when I start by clicking on "canvas navigation" on the modules tab nothing opens and its just a blank page and therefore I can't move on. What can I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-28-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can see the assignments tab and the modules and ect. but i am unable to pull anything up. Anytime i try to click on my assignments it the white background of the website itself. When you click on it, it makes it look like it is going to pull it up ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We teachers were asked to import several assignments from another teacher. After things were imported and published the discussions are not showing on the Course Summary like the quizzes and writing assignments. It seems there is something different ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was told this is possible. To have announcements reach out to phone numbers as well as e-mails.  True? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a TA and the TAs and Professor (Instructors) would like to have a running set of compiled questions. There are 38 groups of students and each will have group-specific questions. We would like a way to organize this and update it over the next 3 ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I access my students grades?  I graded them in Canvas but they did not stranser to Skyward.  I just need a hard copy to go old school with a gradebook.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Currently, I am unable to open a lab activity. When I click on the tab, it says that I do not have any applications installed that can handle this file. I am using a Chromebook laptop.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just today I started getting messages from students saying that the images in quiz questions are not working. I've attached a screen shot that a student sent me. This is happening across all of my courses and quizzes.During the past few days lots of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have it set so student Navigation bar includes the conference button, but it isn't showing up for students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a question about Practice quizzes.  I know how to create them and I understand that the score doesn't show up in the gradebook, and the quiz doesn't show up under assignments (all things that I want) BUT, if students take a practice quiz that ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

ACCESS classes, where do I find them and the students who are enrolled

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Is there a way to export all student interactions for multiple instructors in multiple courses?  I am trying to see data on all instructors at the same time instead of looking at each of them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have two sections of a course and the sections are not linked. I would like section B students to read and participate in discussions from section A. How do I allow students in section B to see the discussions and participate. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a document a student uploaded by mistake?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm an  administrator at a National Guard military academy. We want to offer some of our courses online, but we were told we could not use Google Classroom because course material loaded on to that platform would become property of Google. If I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I import a recording I made through Conferences (BBB) in my Sandbox to my actual course? I was practicing and I actually want to use it. Thanks! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I adjust the size of an embedded item, like a Google Doc, on a page in Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm currently using the McGraw-Hill Anatomy & Physiology Revealed software in Connect. I've made an assignment in my McG-H Connect account and pushed it into the Canvas environment for my students. However, the assignment is not given any point value...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Two questions:1. When I try to save the chats from a conference, I get unable to save txt file?2. It will not allow me to share a common URL in the conference? Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been grading essays with Speed Grader, frequently saving with Update.  The grades have now disappeared.  Is there a way to retrieve the grades, and how do I prevent this from happening again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are implementing a new application and are wanting a large group of instructors to test it out before we go sitewide. I am wanting to install it at the top account level as a hidden application in all courses and then manually go into each of the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I open a closed assignment for a student (because they were late for example) are they notified through Canvas or do they have to look up the specific assignment? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have independent installations of Instructure Canvas and BigBlueButton setup in respective servers.We are unable to create conferences using the Canvas BBB plugin. Canvas displays a "There was an error joining the conference" error (as below) (des...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies