Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can I create a spreadsheet similar to excel on ecampus or create in excell and the transfer to ecampus.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an assignment be set up to allow for both online and paper submissions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am administering my exam to a course with a combined enrollment of 500, as a multiple-choice Canvas quiz.  The course has two sections, 12:30 - 1:45 pm and 2 - 3:15 pm, EDT.  I understand how to assign a different quiz link to each section separate...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I've got the Mid-term exam up and ready to go on the Canvas website.  Students are schedule to take the exam March 31.  What do they have to do to take this exam/  Click on "Quizzes?" How do they double identify themselves? How do they submit their a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear sir/Mdm, 1. using iPad Pro to do conferencing but do not see a screen sharing icon next to my webcam. Please help.2. When using my laptop Acer, l was unable to use my webcam & screen sharing. I was told issue with my settings ? Am starting class...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a teacher in Cabarrus County, NC. I am not able to import the Ready-Made Template Suite. Is this option only for certain Canvas users?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Instead of sitting in front of my laptop all day waiting for a potential question, I would like some sort of audio ping, to notify me that a new message has come through 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am brand new to Canvas.  I thought I published my course.  The published button is green and checked.  But my trial student couldn't login. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you enter letter grades on Canvas in the Grades column?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If students access Canvas through the browser on their phone, how can they embed a photo into Discussions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Everyone, Can anyone share your thoughts and experiences with Intelliboard reporting & analytics for your LMS? We are currently in the Intelliboard Canvas Beta program. Here is some of things we were curious about… How you are leveraging it acr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello!I have not yet been actively using the New Analytics, although from what I have read, it looks great. I didn't find an answer to this, so asking here....is there a way for an admin to see the analytics for a student across all of his or her cou...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created modules in my ELA, Math, Social Studies, and Science courses.  However, my school is thinking about putting everything into homeroom.  Can I move those modules without losing all of my hard work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I able  to differentiate assignments in course using different sections or does all assignments go to each section and only due dates change?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In light of the current pandemic and moving all our classes online into Canvas, the issue of what to do about proctored testing is a big one.  We know about the quizzes settings in Canvas, we already have Respondus & Monitor, and we have limited Proc...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an admin to my account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have tried several times to record a conference.  I have clicked enable conferences in the settings.  I have tested microphone and enabled webcam.  I have clicked record and can see the timer counting as I record.  When I end meeting and conclude t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently teaching a course that is widely used within my organization and so a standard course has been provided for all teachers of the course. I don't want to use some of the individual pages within a module so am going to unpublish the indiv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

does anyone know how to export an examview testbank into canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-26-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have assigned peer reviews where this includes a rubric for students to follow and complete (i.e. add feedback and grade for various rubric sections).  However, when students complete the rubric and submit it they cannot review their completed rubr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create a course with multiple teachers and multiple sections? What we essentially want is a master course that can be edited by each of us (but will most likely have a primary editor who does that) and still allows us to have access to our ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been uploading files to Canvas for about a week now with no problems.  Today I've tried to upload files and they show up in the Module, but when I try to open them they take me to a "Whoops...nothing here" message with some obnoxious astronauts ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students are unable to open a PowerPoint.  It reads "Access Denied" and it is the same link that works in another course.  Also, Canvas is not saving changes I make to the class.  When I am in student view I do not see my changes and I keep gettin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am using Canvas as my LMS starting Monday.  I am departmentalized, meaning I teach 2 sections of different students.  I only see one set of students in the "People" area.  How do I import my other section of students?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do,we,have,the,option,to,skip,a,question,and,come,back,when,cook,the,quiz,question,option,is,selected?MonaV.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is Canvas down?When I try to create an assignment it shows in my list of assignments and on my modules page but when I click on the title, it says nothing is there and it appears that page is missing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to publish a course, but it is telling me I need to put in a code that was sent to me by email to verify my account.  I did not received an email.  What should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I was informed that there is a feature in Canvas to enable remote office hours queue in Blue Jeans but I have no idea how to enable it. Thanks,Mary Franklin

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set up a group independent study on Canvas? It is not a course so I have no Canvas shell, but it involves 4 grad students and two instructors. We will meet weekly on Zoom.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies