Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I used the link validator and this is what I got.Course Link ValidatorThe course link validator searches course content for invalid or unreachable links and images.Restart Link Validation

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that a teacher can post an announcement to all of his/her students that he/she teaches at once?  Or must it be done at the course level?  Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can my IT team add "Cloud Recordings" for my students so that all recordings in the cloud are collected in a single easily accessible spot just as applies to the Faculty view?I have seen that some LMS have a third tab in Zoom that allows students...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I go into student view I can see all of my files, which some have questions and answers to quizzes.  I wanted to make sure that students do not have access to all the files listed.Thank you,April

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned groups for peer evaluations, but it doesn't appear on assignments? Help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble with the screen/webcam share function. When I highlight this function, my screen appears in multiples. Then, when I try to share a powerpoint presentation, I receive an error message that I do not have permission

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone else had recent issues with SCORM content playing in their courses?  I've been embedding Storyline generated SCORM content in an iframe for at least a year with no problems.  Now in the last week or so, random students are saying that the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-06-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The students have finished their online exams. The exam has a value of 100 points and is "published".They were graded automatically, but the grades do not seem to factor into their semester total.How do I get that to happen?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there an easy way to take attendance in my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've searched several times in this Canvas community and online, in general, and I've been unsuccessful at finding this information.  Thanks, in advance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am setting up a quiz that will have proctorio added.  How do I access a student's exam once it has been taken?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just a couple of questions here.....I'm moving a studio art class online...eeekHow do I have students upload files where everyone can see all the image files they have uploaded?Is it possible to have a live zoom video conferencing going while looking...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a course that is no longer needed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the status of a participant to presenter.  I would like to have members of my class give presentations through conference.  How do I give them that permission?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently there is an eye with a line through it and when I hover over it the message says it is not visible to students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can we review previous Q&A sessions online? I have entered the 9 digit meeting code and get the message the meeting has expired. These are the most informative! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I record my voice and put it into an Assignment for my students?  They are special needs and require more guidance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am logging in to my course, and have contacted the professor.  Nothing in showing up in my announcements, discussions, assignments, Syllabus, etc.... Is there any certain browser I need to use, or what may be the issue?  I really appreciate any sup...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a large literature class. I would like them to submit a draft of their paper and then have another student peer review it. How do I do this via Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get to the exit slip to get credit for my courses? I mark the "done" icon, but it doesn't take me to anything else. I find Canvas difficult to navigate.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My teacher says he has attached pictures to an email, but I do not see any attachments. Is there somewhere I need to look for attachments to an email message? Here is what I am seeing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,A co-worker just told me there is a way to create a master list of all my classes so it is easier to keep track of my students? I tried finding it in the guides but I must have missed it 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a due date to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the Canvas grade book to manually input grades after I graded and commented on a paper copy. Now that I must teach online, I don't understand how to get the "graded" paper to the student with the comments I made on it in the Doc viewer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not really a questions but more a need: When I am in Canvas creating a table or just typing on a page and I need to copy and paste a section elsewhere and if I hit the backspace button by accident or delete the highlighted info, there is no way for m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I generated a multiple choice test in Canvas and all correct answers appear as duplicates. For example, if the answer is C, possible answers are: A, B, C, C, D. What can I do to resolve this problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our campus is currently using multiple web conferencing platforms to hold synchronous classes during the COVID-19 pandemic (Canvas Conferences, WebEx, MsTeams). We would love to hear from anyone who has a premium subscription to Conferences (i.e. - B...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I am trying to make a quiz.  I have all the questions entered I want to use and the formats I want to use for each question.  The problem I am having is with the multiple fill in the blank question.  The instructions say I have to show where I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do not understand why when I send an email to ALL in a course it never goes to the instructor.  This is a maddeningly hateful feature of Canvas.  Please someone explain it to me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies