Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Our campus is currently using multiple web conferencing platforms to hold synchronous classes during the COVID-19 pandemic (Canvas Conferences, WebEx, MsTeams). We would love to hear from anyone who has a premium subscription to Conferences (i.e. - B...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I am trying to make a quiz.  I have all the questions entered I want to use and the formats I want to use for each question.  The problem I am having is with the multiple fill in the blank question.  The instructions say I have to show where I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do not understand why when I send an email to ALL in a course it never goes to the instructor.  This is a maddeningly hateful feature of Canvas.  Please someone explain it to me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi all,I'm wondering if anyone is in the same situation as myself. My first day at a new position as an Intensive Learning Support Instructor was last Monday, March 16 (I know, right? What timing!!!) My school uses Canvas normally and now we are goin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

join code any body know?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I reset the grades to zero for the 4th quarter? The grades that are showing are the averages that carried over for the students for the whole school year. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a lecturer looking to have online discussions with individual students.  Is it possible to do this in Canvas?Regards, Kerrie.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just created a new 10 point assignment and published it.  Why is ther no new column in the Gradebook?  I thought it is supposed to automatically create a grade column?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My students have concluded an exam.  I want them to be able to view their corrected exams.  What do I need to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just posted the "student Canvas tutorial" into my modules yesterday.is there any other place besides the modules to post this tutorial video so students are able to see it every day? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am an Administrative Assistant At the University of Kentucky.  i need to load a pdf into a module, and be able to have the assigned user make additions and selections on the pdf.  What is the best way to accomplish this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In one class, all of the grades I enter are going into Q3 gradebook. In my other class that has the same settings (that I can see), none of the grades are in the grade book. None of them are transferring to PowerSchool either even thought I have impo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor who is not technologically savvy and he going to use Conferences to deliver his lecture, what other solutions do you all recommend?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Now that we are online for teaching student I need to make a bunch of quizzes quickly.Can I upload a word doc and have canvas make it into a quiz? I need something that is going to reduce the time.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It is taking too long to get support agents. I leave the window open while I'm doing something else and turn it off after 15 minutes. There's not even an estimated wait time provided.Edit, 3/30: And now Canvas, on a Monday morning, is running slow or...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 15 Replies

In the content section the assignaments are not visible for my students. ¿Is there any way to change it to visible for my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see the other students that I teach in my co teacher's classroom?  What can I do to be able to see the names of the students in her class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a problem with enrolling in the class. When my teacher has sent a URL for me to join, I was able to join the first time but when I relog, the course didn't appear in the dashboard. I have checked the course tab but it also not there.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do we listen to a voice-over on a presentation that has been uploaded by our lecturer? I know we have to download it but then nothing happens still.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am giving my first exam in Canvas.  I set a time limit that was 25% more than what I would give in class.  A student toook the exam and told me that she could not finish in that amount of time.  I'd like to give her more time to finish the exam tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have noticed the ability to sort class discussions by likes, to expand and collapse comments, and to look at only the replies that are marked unread, but I am looking for a way to sort discussions by having the most recent reply at the top. Is ther...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I marked my students' assignments within speed grader. Now some students would like to request feedback on how to improve. This feedback is stated by me on the corrected assignments. Thus, it would be helpful that the students can see the marked assi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to find a solution for proctoring online exams remotely. Can the CANVAS conference tool help with this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What's a good way to setup a FAQ for a class?  Should discussion be used for this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Guyshow can I record myself for assignment submission in collaborate ultra?thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Immersive Reader have an option to read in another language for the student and/or parent?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a Past Enrollment to my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When you enter a conference, it says that you can call in.  Then, it says that long-distance charges may apply.  Is this just for countries outside of the US? It is a US number, so if a student can call US numbers, they shouldn't get changed.  Co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit an delayed announcement before the publish date?I drafted an announcement, then realized I needed more information before it was complete. I delayed the publish date a few days, thinking I could edit it before it went "live"... but how ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a section in gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies