Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am trying to eliminate an assignment group.  However, when I go to the assignment tab, no groups are visible.  When I go to the gradebook, they are visible. How do I make them visible in the assignments tab?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can it be used with a class group to interact?Can image files be viewed on Chat?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up class discussion group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have published my course, but I don't see any students.  I changed the date and went to people, but there are no students.  How do I find the students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I copy and paste a module into different courses?  And if so, how would I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Faculty at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Daytona Beach campus was tasked last week with migrating all F2F courses to Canvas. I've used it for years but never to deliver quizzes or tests.I have questions built into a separate bank in MS Word ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My weekly class includes students from MUS 205,405,505 and 705. Can I configure a meeting which includes all of these students into one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I know if my Announcements can be viewed by the Students?  There is an "eyeball" icon next to announcements for one of my classes and for my other class there is No "eyeball."  Which should it be? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Or do they learn of such a message only when visiting the Announcements page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the teacher, how do I view my assignments that I posted for my students after one completed? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the following Guide:What are Collaborations?The following is mentioned as an example of when you might use collaborations: - Assign student groups a collaborative assignment as a graded assignment (instructor feature).I have a teacher who created ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Please remind me of the difference between these two features.  Thanks!

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone,Now that we are all diving deep into the online waters, I wanted to find out more about best practices when it comes to setting up online exams.  I teach and coordinate a statistical literacy course at Ohio State, and most students take t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I've created a quiz with an "exact answer" of 346,000,000 with a margin of error of 0.05.  Nevertheless, Canvas only marks it correct if the exact number is input (I tried 350,000,000 and that was marked incorrect, even though it's within a 5% margin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I extend testing time for one or more students, without affecting other test-takers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you're taking a test and you already finished but the time was up before you could submit the quiz will the quiz be graded a zero?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student (anglican school)My friend logged into her canvas account on my laptop and whenever i log out and try to log back in it goes straight to her account and doesn't give me the chance to login.I have tried logging out multiple times and th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I removed a quiz from the module and now I need to add it again. When I try to do this add it back to the module, it is not in the list of options. I thought it removing it just removed from the module rather than deleted it for good. Can anyone help...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can log in on my iPad with the Canvas app. However, I can't log in on my windows laptop web page (Log In to Canvas ) with the same email address and password. I click Forgot Password, but I can receive emails from Canvas, even in the Junk Mailbox. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the size limit for a file to be uploaded into a Canvas Module

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I import Cengage Testing material to my canvas class.Dr. George

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are some of the links from the internet that I'm inserting into the modules aren't activating.  Some do and some don't.  What's up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to find a lost or accidentally deleted assignment/module?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to add an Office365 doc to an assignment I'm creating. However, I keep getting the same error message - "cannot find valid settings for this link". Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students are taking their quizzes under Lockdown with Respondus Monitor.  We are not allowing them to use scrap paper to take notes.  Is there a way that they can type notes, either on the quiz question itself or some other way, while taking the q...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is best program to do white board and math in CANVas?  Or the best way?  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need an assignment submitted via email. The current Submission Type options - text entry, website URL, media recordings, and file uploads - don't include email. Can Canvas add email as an assignment submission option?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to the pandemic, our class is switching online to Canvas. How does a student get into Canvas to start using it for the classroom -do we need an invitation? If so, how do we get the invitation? If we don't need an invitation, how do we start using...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been working all day on building a module.I then needed to copy that module to another class section.  To be honest - I am not happy why this is so cumbersome.  eBackpack and Google Classroom works just fine with simple clicks.  Anyway - I bel...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies