Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have been working all day on building a module.I then needed to copy that module to another class section.  To be honest - I am not happy why this is so cumbersome.  eBackpack and Google Classroom works just fine with simple clicks.  Anyway - I bel...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After setting the start  date to today, I still get course is unpublished. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I import students from an established course to a new course I created?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make sure a quiz requires that a student uses Respondus Lockdown browser?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I proctor (monitor) students on Canvas while they are taking an exam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello everyone!I created a home page according to the video I watched with the oceanography class.I created it clicking on the left side that says "pages".Now I can't make it my home page!I'm sure it's something easy.Advice? Thanks.Claire

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When prompted to combine 2 students, i did. Now I want to undo that. Does anyone know how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Only one student in my class is unable to send a message to the teacher.  She can see the messages the teacher sends, but cannot reply or send her own.  We are using iPads.  All other students are able to do this.  Is there a setting needed for stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Art Appreciation students will have easy art activities to do at home each week. I'd like them to upload a photo of their drawing (or collage, or what have you) to the discussion so we can see and share in everyone's work.Is this doable? Or, is th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just did a 16+ minute video using the webcam to document a detailed diagram drawn on a whiteboard.  It took a long time to upload and then I discovered there was no visual, only audio, the visual is nothing but a green screen throughout.  Why did t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I use (upload) an "exam generator" exam (using elsevier test bank questions) that I have exported to a zip file in canvas for the students to take?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to be able to see who was in which class, and which classes certain students missed so I can get them caught up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am planning on having students complete a document for an assignment.  I would prefer that they download the file provided and then edit it on the computer before submitting it to me (rather than having them print and scan it in).  Is there a funct...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

So I spoke with my instructor, who uploaded a new course to canvas for this quarter, and I am the only student in the class who doesn't have the course come up in their canvas. I checked "courses", "browse", "all courses", even "edit", and there is n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In New Analytics, there is a Students tab, and a Resources tab. Are Observer views included in with the Student views? I looked and couldn't find any, but I'm not sure if that means they are excluded specifically.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having issues trying to copy a page from an old course.  I am not seeing any edit prompt at the top right of the screen.  All I see is to send it to commons.  I have attached a screen shot of the page in the old course.  I would like to copy thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Like most schools, I am now teaching online. I assigned a quiz that was timed. A student had to exit out of the quiz before she finished and now the timer has run out. Is there anyway to allow her to retake the quiz? I do not want to change the setti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenas tardes, hay alguna manera de hacer clases en vivo con alumnos?? gracias de antemano.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have TestGen software with a test bank available BUT I would like to upload test bank into Canvas.  TestGen allows me to save in several different formats. What format would Canvas recognize?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to export my course to another person's sandbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I grade just one question in a quiz for all the students in speed grader? For example, the quiz has 4 questions.  I want just to grade the first question for all the students before moving onto the second question.  Does speed grader have that...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do you delete a course on canvas? It is just a starter from canvas without any people on it, so how do I delete it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to learn about quizzes in Canvas. I usually make these in LaTeX and it is a lot of work to transfer the LaTeX output of a quiz to Canvas.Is there a "quiz record file" which can be uploaded after editing relevant entries? If this is possib...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morning,Is there a way that I can send an email to my course roster? I am able to send announcements to my students via Canvas, but I have received requests from students for email notifications. I know that I can email them individually, but it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up the percentage of each kind of assignment?How do I add new assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a quiz in Quizzes and now want to add it to a Module

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created Modules and Assignments within those modules. I would like to post PowerPoint Narrated Videos into these module assignments. How do I do that?Ray Burgess

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload an mp4 file from an outside lecturer into a Canvas module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to be in lockdown browser taking a quiz and airdrop pictures to the computer to upload into a question?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I connect the 2 sections of a course that I am teaching so that when I create an assignment in one section it shows in both sections? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies