Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I have a question about the Canvas gradebook.  The gradebook used to have a button called "treat ungraded as zero," which would show a student's true percentage score, in the event that the student did not submit a quiz or an assignment.  Without...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Are Assignment/Quiz due dates and availability dates course-specific, or user-specific?If an assignment is due at 3pm Central US time, will it be due 3pm local time for someone in Paris, or will it be due at their local time? I think it’s the 2nd, bu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I move students from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to email "all students who have not submitted an assignment"? Obviously I can email students one by one, but I'm wondering whether there is a way to press a button that will send my message to everyone who fits that description. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make a small group in the discussion page?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

At the moment there is no easy way to assign a quiz to specific groups (within a course/section) in Canvas. The only way to assign the task to specific groups is to select each individual/student seperately. However, it is possible to send messages t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created a conference, enabled the conference button for students, and tried to see if it is there in student view.  It says that it is disabled.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi...I'd like to use chat with my students.  There is a button at the top left which says 'new message alert' which I assume I turn on so that I know when students have asked a question.  How do I turn it on?  It won't move?  Second question, will st...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use PowerPoint lectures in my face-to-face classes. I know how to upload PDF's to the files section. But now, transitioning to online teaching, where do I put a proper PowerPoint? In Pages? As a PDF full page? Would love to make it a narrated video...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In one class, I give exams that are part multiple choice and part written, the written part being statistics problems.  I am trying to figure out how to do this in Canvas.  My first thought was to use the Quiz function for the multiple choice part an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can students give/record presentation for instructor review in conferences?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a teaching assistant, I would like to have a trial with the functions of Canvas without making any notification to students or instructors. I remember there is a Canvas link for us to practice the functions, what the link is? Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My PC students cannot add accent marks (in Spanish) on their quizzes. Are there buttons for them to access letters with accent marks on Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using quizzes on Canvas for the first time.  I am making it multiple choice but it will only allow me to have 8 questions.  How can I have more?  Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up a discussion board through the assignments function on Canvas. However, I am not getting notifications of when students are posting to this discussion. There is no 'Subscribe' button.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI there Just wondering if there is a shortcut to adding students into 2 sections of a course, rather than going through the list of people and individually clicking the three dots, editing the section, and then adding them?I want them to see the who...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I add a teacher/ counselor as an observer to my courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I access my GPA for this semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had a couple of students report that they cannot access a file I uploaded to an assignment in Canvas. They each got a message saying something about it being unauthorized. I'm wondering why this is happening and how I can fix it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have uploaded several SCORM file quiz assignments.  The all work in Canvas except one.  The screen shows that Canvas is working on it but it never opens. Flash player is enabled.  I can open it if I use Firefox browser, but students report they can...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I log on to canvas on my computer at home and it is all distorted plus none of the class cards load.  I have the latest version of Chrome and my computer is all up to date.  How do I fix this? I can't find any help or a phone number to call.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I sometimes will leave a comment for a student in Speedgrader. They have told me that they respond to those comments. Where do I find those?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am unable to add a new module in CANVAS ... I am also unable to utilize the "help" button in CANVAS ... I am unable to view any of the assignments I have previously created in CANVAS ....HELP

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable an audio or video email in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you have students label a diagram of the heart, for example, with LockDown Browser and Webcam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm new to Canvas and I teach Study Skills .  I have 2 sections for 7th and 8th grade and both sections are published.  I never really had to use it because everything was done in class.  However, I'm having a hard time adding assignments and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that I can separate my discussion boards by section by using the "Post to" option, but when I do that the "Graded" option is disabled. Based on what the Canvas Instructors' Guide says, this shouldn't happen, but it does. Is there a way to fix ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to send out group messages. Is there a Select All?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I print out an exam?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies