Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can my student upload a word or pdf document for me to see?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-18-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I publish an announcement

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are using online learning and many teachers are sharing videos for students to watch instead of them watching them in a physical classroom.  Other than posting an assignment/questions etc. for to students to respond to after watching the videos, i...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I use the Big Blue Button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach two classes of English 1302.   I entered my relevant information for English1302.001.  I want to copy that same information to English 1302.007.  What is the easy procedure for that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a Canvas admin and have several users who only see the Test Student when they click the Speedgrader link from an assignment, quiz or graded discussion.  If they go to the grade book first and then launch Speedgrader from there, they see the full...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have added a page to one of the modules, but students have been denied access. Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

can a deleted assignment be recovered?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When accessing CANVAS all I see are exceptionally large icons.I did clear my browsing history, check to ensure that I had not "zoomed" and re-started my laptop.  I had no difficulty accessing the site last evening.  I am an instructor preparing to te...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I create a bank of quiz questions to use when I make a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I give a test / Quiz multiple choice in CANVAS, how does it get graded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add a new blank sandbox or delete all the information in an existing one. How do I do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas is unbearably slow. I can't even load the page to send in a help desk ticket. When will this be fixed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After you make a recording in Confer Zoom, how long can you keep the recording?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can someone tell me how I remove the EYE from a tab (module tab) for my students to view

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you add siblings to the same email account? Different grade levels?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,I created a Global Announcement for our high school with information about how the kids should take attendance. Some kids have reported that the announcement is gone, and I am assuming they clicked on the "X" to close it. I could create a...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I add webcam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloI am having difficulties accessing canvas on my laptop. I am able to access on my phone but need to use my laptop to print etc. plus I have an online session tomorrow (Thursday) am so need to be able to access it sufficiently.On the dashboard is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have created a template using custom CSS added at the subaccount level. When we attempt to move a course to another subaccount, features of the template no longer work correctly. We do not have access to custom CSS in the other subaccount (and don...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a div creating a box around some content on a page: <div style="margin: 0.5em; padding: 1em; border: 1px solid lightgray;">I'm attempting to add a shadow to the div using inline CSS:box-shadow: 0 3px 6px rgba(0,0,0,0.16), 0 3px 6px rgba(0,0,0,...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Support staff members have created canvas courses and would like to add students to their courses since they aren't linked to them in PowerSchool. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I put Blue Jeans on my course menu?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to invite multiple classes to one Big Blue Button Session?  I just received a schedule stating that I will be going live with 2 classes simultaneously.  I am not able to use another conferencing tool as there will be over 100 student...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi -- I have incorporated Zoom into my class's canvas page and saw how to schedule a meeting, which I have done successfully.  For my classes, which have a large number of students I want to use the Zoom webinar instead of meeting and cannot find whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone,Hope you all are well and safe.I have one question about BigBlueButton. Can students see each other in the conferences when they turn their cameras on? Or only the teacher? I always assumed they could see each other. But some students tol...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I'm trying to set up a series of PowerPoint presentations that require students to answer questions before moving on to the next one. I know there must be a way to do it? Do I have to make each one a separate module?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not have a resources tab on the left, how do I get this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to set a quiz as follows:-It can be taken by anyone in the section, any time within 2 days interval-It can be taken only once, and no pause/resume-The duration is one hour. When 1 hour is gone the quiz is closed for ever for that student-There...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am interested in adding a sort of tutor to my course and I want them to hold tutoring session conferences. Should I assign them the TA role or another?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies