Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Sending to two sectionsI have two different sections of Hum. 10.  Is there a way that I can set things up so that anything I put into one section automatically goes into both sections?  (announcements, modules, videos, etc)?  I was able to import an ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I upload a word file or a powerpoint file from my computer, into my canvas course--i dont know where to start?? Thomas McCormick

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't load in anything from YouTube. I have never had this problem before Anyone have any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have just finished writing my first quiz on Canvas.  When I was writing it, it always asked me to give the right answer first.  But now when I preview my work, the right answer is still always the first one in the list.  Is that how the students wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do my students use the Calendar to support Executive Function skills?I see how the calendar is built off the teacher's planning, but how can the students who need to learn self-planning use the calendar to help them organize themselves and get th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating discussions between groups of people. I already have the groups. How can I connect 2 groups together so that they can do a discussion task together? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does the access code function work in Quiz details?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I unpublish an old course?  When I click on the older course & view it, the publish vs. unpublish buttons are no longer available.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do you move a lesson created in assignments to a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I login in to Canvas, can see my dashboard, can click on a course, but as soon as I click on a link in a module, I am prompted to login again. This occurs on Google Chrome and incognito mode for Chrome. Not an issue on Safari, but didn't know if anyo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the file size limit for uploading to a Canvas source site?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'll bet this an easy question.While we're doing Remote Instructions starting next Monday, I would like to use Zoom with my students (and I have registered myself for Zoom in Canvas as requested by IT).  I believe my format even with Zoom will be as ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey, everyone! I'd like to prohibit this action in Canvas. I wonder why due date changes are not included in the 'Notify users this quiz has changed', which is to say that notification to users of this 'change' seems like something I should be able t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I enter student view to preview a quiz or a survey (just to make sure it works ok), when I return to teacher view, it won't let me unpublish it because it thinks students have submitted answers.  (it was just my student view- Practice Student)  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make a quiz in Canvas for the first time.  I keep trying to add a 5th question.  I save it but it does not show 5 questions on the preview.  Am I limited to 4 questions or less on Canvas quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone,Does anyone know how to push an information page to all Course Shells in a sub-account? We have a page in our Online Learning Canvas shell with a lot of information that we want to share with Faculty and Students. We think (but might b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HELLO!Could someone supply a quick and easy list of Accessibility/Universal Design rules?I'm migrating on-ground courses to CANVAS. If I could start with having some of the basic guidelines employedregarding my Pages/DOCS/PowerPoints/Announcements, t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach a double section of one class.  Im trying to merge the two sections into one class.  How do I cross list a class section into another class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a function that I can turn on that will allow my students to see one another during a canvas conference?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student submitted an assignment under the wrong assignment.  It is an essay draft that I was going to comment on via Speedgrader.  Can I reset or reallow her to resubmit the correct assignment under the correct name?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How  do you close a chat session?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Conferencing. Can I open it to multiple courses at the same time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach a course for which we host weekly guest speakers.  With COVID19 and our institution switching to all-things-online, I would like to add several people to my Canvas course who are not affiliated with our university and who will serve as guest ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added 10 questions to a quiz.  After saving these 10 questions, I see the quiz only has 9 points / 9 questions.  Same thing occurred with an exam I created where I have 75pts possible but 74 show. What is happening here?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm an instructor using Canvas for my class. How do I erase a student's quiz attempt so that she can retake it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With our college going to distant learning, I am trying to find a way to give students their exams thru Canvas.  Is there a way to import an exam on a Word document into Canvas quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to put module in other classes

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Yesterday while exploring I shared a youtube video using that same button.  However, when I tried to show it to my students today it had a "access restricted" message.  Has anyone successfully been able to share a video.  I know that I can do it in a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to modify the permissions so that a teacher can submit assignments without being added to a course in a "student" role?Thanks!Christine

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

For the purposes of a group project, I have my students assigned to 5 groups under a "group set" with the assignment's name. In order to complete the assignment properly, I need members of the various groups to be able to see posts from other groups....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies