Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am attempting to upload an mp4 into a module and i get a message that reads "Failed to create a new item". Why is this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just want to create and post an "exam" as an "exam," NOT a "quiz."  Anyway to do this?  I haven't been able to find anything about setting up an exam rather than just quiz stuff.  Canvas just wants to call everything a "quiz" (and it's using the qu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I teach for an online school where students work at their own pace. Also, our students do not have school Google accounts but use their personal accounts. A colleague and I have students complete their assignments in Google Docs and submit a URL. For...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Speedgrader???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have to give three students online make-up exams. I have the exam in word or pdf version. But how can I upload it to canvas as an exam? I don't want to type the questions...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where do you enter the grades for each essay?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We used to license CampusPack and had it integrated with Canvas. We dropped the license years ago, but a residual link persists under the profile called Personal Space. (See attached.) I contacted our Canvas CSM, but she indicated that she can't remo...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access a past enrollment class for Fall 2019?  I wanted to look up references for a source document I read and the whole course (INFO 285) is not listed in my enrollment although one from Spring 2019 is.  I thought I would be able to referen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to set announcement dates via API? The reason I ask is that we are moving to Canvas from a home grown LMS which gave the students notifications when a course became available. We are trying to replicate this feature in order to facilit...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a quick way to view how many times a student has replied to one discussion thread? Is there a quick way to view how many times a student has contributed an entry to all discussions in a semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I saw students enrolled yesterday in the "people" tab, but today all but one of them is gone. What happened?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a choir assistant in my school. I made a dance for the people in that class to learn. I need to be able to send them all the video of me dancing but I'm not in the class on canvas. Is there some way to still send them the video?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyone,I recently installed an open source version of Canvas on one of my servers. It mostly is working just fine except for two issues. 1. Is my delayed_jobs.log file is almost half a gig after a few days and when I tail the output, it just ke...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Images uploaded into Files and embedded into Questions in a Quiz are not displaying properly.  I have sized them all the same.  Some are OK, some are not.  I cannot find the "Manage Permissions" area or anything else internet suggests.  I really need...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

If I create discussion groups, will students be able to see the posts from groups they are not members of? If not, is there any way to set it so this can occur? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Estoy empezando a utilizar la plataforma, ¿como puedo dar fecha de inicio a las conferencias?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you load an audio file into Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi I am having trouble I can log into my canvas but when I try to look at all the subjects in the dashboard only block shows up where a subject would be and its blank white and flashes.  Can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was able to make an account on a browser, following the link I received to join my teacher's course. However, this login email and password don't seem to work when I input them into the student app. it says that my username or password is incorrect...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to publish my course because I get an error message about verifying my email address. However, when I go back to that old email to verify it, it says that I already did it. Please offer some suggestions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas 24/7 support is not taking calls. I have faculty who cannot login. The answering machine says they have to use Chat to login. Where is the Chat? Where is a link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A teacher needs help with viewing concluded conferences on canvas. There's a concluded conference from over an hour ago and it's not available for viewing.   The teacher (and students) can't even view a short "trial" conference from several days ago....

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I need to reopen quiz for individual students but I don't want to open entire class, how do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make the announcements, assignments and modules tabs visible for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Ahoy!In her March 13, 2020 blog entry, Tara Gunther, VP of Partnership at INSTRUCTURE wrote this:If you would like to connect with students using Google Hangouts Meet as your conferencing tool, you have the ability to add a Hangout to your Canvas Cou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I view student progress through course modules?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In the old quizzes on a questions with multiple answers it gave the students partial credit for choosing some of the correct answers, and cancelled some out if they choice wrong answers. Example: Which of the following are color's. Select all that ap...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My files are not visible to my students. How can I change this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to download and embed a video that's in the Canvas Video Guide on my Canvas course. I know I can embed a link...but I'd like to embed the actual video to make it easier for my students. Any way I can do this?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The link to the video is not supported - how do I still use my assignment with a new link?  I can add the new link but the old video still shows.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies