Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi -- I have incorporated Zoom into my class's canvas page and saw how to schedule a meeting, which I have done successfully.  For my classes, which have a large number of students I want to use the Zoom webinar instead of meeting and cannot find whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone,Hope you all are well and safe.I have one question about BigBlueButton. Can students see each other in the conferences when they turn their cameras on? Or only the teacher? I always assumed they could see each other. But some students tol...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I'm trying to set up a series of PowerPoint presentations that require students to answer questions before moving on to the next one. I know there must be a way to do it? Do I have to make each one a separate module?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not have a resources tab on the left, how do I get this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to set a quiz as follows:-It can be taken by anyone in the section, any time within 2 days interval-It can be taken only once, and no pause/resume-The duration is one hour. When 1 hour is gone the quiz is closed for ever for that student-There...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am interested in adding a sort of tutor to my course and I want them to hold tutoring session conferences. Should I assign them the TA role or another?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Module question: Quiz requires 15/20 to open next section. Students have 15 or more points, but the next activity won't open. How can I fix this? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created am odule back in Spring 2019, and I am trying to copy it to my new Spring 2020 Canvas site or Canvas course. Is there an easy way to do this? Is there an existing tutorial? Many thanks, Ann K.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recorded a comment to my student on speedgrader, but it will not save.  Nothing happens when I click the save button

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to control who can begin a Conference in a Canvas Course?  I would like to limit this to the Teacher only. Currently students can begin their own conferences. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

geting public enrollment link

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to change  my course visibility in settings option to public as in my other course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I wanted to know how I could get my Dashboard in canvas to start loading and appearing again. I can see the highlights of the courses trying to load and show the name of the courses and to be able to click on them but in never finishes loading. N...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, allI created a quiz that included quiz instruction and some questions.after I published this quiz. Students always see quiz instruction while taking quiz.So does canvas have an option that allows me to show quizz instruction when the student goes...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I have been using Canvas for years, but for some reason I can't see my courses from my mac at home. I just updated and still, nothing. Any suggestions? I can't access it from another computer outside the home now.K H

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get the pen to work on speed grader on an iPad?  I can’t get it to draw.  The page just moves around.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I accidentally reset for a section that I planned to import from.  Is there any possibility to restore the content from that shell?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!I am trying to figure out how to sort my gradebook according to my class periods. I tried looking through the other Q&A but they didn't seem to need the same thing I'm looking for. As it sits right now, my 6 classes are divided into 2 courses: Hon...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

does anyone know how to see my discussions

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is my first conference I recorded as practice. I ended the conference and it now listed as a concluded conference.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to access canvas through google chrome and it is not working.. it is just blinking.. but everything is working like when i look something up and my mobile app is working

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you edit a document that is already in a module or in Files?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A friend wants to add a scatter plot to a quiz and have students plot the regression line.  Is there any way to embed an image and have the students be able to draw on it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I put announcements on my home page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating an assignment in Canvas and want to upload some pdfs to the assignment, don't see a way to do that.  How do I upload pdfs to an assignment?thanks,Fred Randolph

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I activate the announcements?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I access the rich content editor feature

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My front page is set to modules and I would like to change that and just have a front page. When I clicked on change front page, I was unable to click front page because it said it had to be set. How do I set front page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Video won't attach to assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a tool or app I can use in Canvas to Survey my students in a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies