Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Dag,Voor studenten heb ik bij 'People' een inschrijfmogelijkheid aangemaakt met een self sign-up (zie screenshot).Een student mailde mij zojuist dat zij zich niet meer kan inschrijven voor één van deze vier groepen (zie screenshot) terwijl dit bij ve...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-09-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I mask grades for a course that is hidden but visible in the dropdown section of Gradebook?SenarioIn course x the gradebook is hidden to students but in course y the gradebook is visible. In course y a student can select course x from the dro...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find a place to reach a help desk or sales support.  How do I find out how many licenses I have and if I can expand for the number of grades I need?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Wondering why my second 8 weeks of Spring class is not showing up on my dashboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am offering a variety of online courses through Canvas. The UI is great and course design is intuitive, however as Canvas does not have a continuous enrolment feature, I have to create new course and import Course content for every 6 week course. T...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to print out the questions I made for a quiz that went along with a video I chose?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add percentages to my assignments to show what each assignment is worth?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do i remove a quiz attempt from a students record

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enter grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I'm using the RCE to type up content on Japanese rice wine, called sake. This means that I often need to use a special character called a 'macron' (a straight line above a vowel, such as ā). The RCE doesn't seem to have a function to insert suc...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can we get Premium license of BigBlueButton conferencing in Canvas?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is anyone else having a problem with not being able to access Waypoint? I've been trying to upload an assignment for a while now, and every time I try it just takes me to a log in page which I have no login for.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,This has been going on for a few days now. When I go to edit the quiz answer and click on the pencil icon to "toggle editing answer text as HTML", it just pushes me to the top of the page. This does not happen if I try to edit the question.I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I've posted and then hit save and publish but my class cannot see the post.  I'm new at this.  what am I missing?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In working with one of our instructors she advised that she "discovered that for the discussion assignments, if I just set the assignment to Manual posting, it will successfully hide the grades until I manually post them.  However, for a Turn-It-In a...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there any way to give a timed quiz (or test) in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I know that a student opened the assessment?When I go to moderate it states that the student is in progress, but it is days after the assessment.Under view log I can see: A date and time, Elapsed time: 00:00, Event details: System details capt...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi im not understanding what this question is asking.Assessment CHCMHS001 Assess 3 Role PlayDocument interactions and services according to organisation policy and procedures.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm developing a course that needs to track whether students have read certain articles.  Apart from putting up the PDF and asking them to do it, is there any way we can track that they have actually read it?  Thanks very much.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. How do i check my school email?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I reply to an individual students discussion post

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

#articulateAn articulate storyline package embeded in Canvas not work on Google Chrome if the browser is synchronized with a different account from the Canvas account.The same occurs if I use a anonymous page, but oddily works if I use a visitor page...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do i find the Modules Questions forum?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to reply to an announcement with an image. How do I upload an image to a reply?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable the following so I can use the Direct Share feature? At this point it does not show up.Direct Share requires the Direct Share feature option, which can be enabled for an entire account.To share course content, you must have the Course...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have students who did not finish their test/quiz on time, and it closed. How do I open it back up again so they can continue the test/quiz? I went in and edited it, pushing back the time/end date, but it still is not allowing them to go in. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have some html code that I use to prevent students from downloading audio or videos files that have uploaded to Canvas pages or quizzes. I have just made a quiz with the new quiz engine and I cannot edit the html code for the quiz instructions. Thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the SAP Policy?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add assignments in gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies