Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Short time, First time!I'm in charge of a fairly large lecture (100 seats) and trying to assign the smoothest grading system possible that will allow the TAs to simply log in and go through the essays, leave a comment for the students, and enter a gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to give all students the same grade in one class, so how can I give all students the same grade quickly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a grade that shows in Speedgrader that does not show as graded nor does it show in Gradebook.  I am using a rubric and the rubric is completed with a total score showing.  This assignment was submitted late.  For other students who submitted o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm TA'ing a class and I think we set up the Canvas assignments for student presentations incorrectly. All the students do a short presentation once during the quarter and are assigned to a specific day. We created a separate assignment for each pres...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not receiving notifications in my email when students reply to my announcements.  I believe I may have figured out why but do not know how to remedy it.  The information I have read is that I will receive notifications if I am the person who cre...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-29-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Data is not an area of expertise for me, but I would like to know more about the data we can get from Canvas. We have the Canvas Data Portal, and I just discovered Canvas Data Services. What is the difference between the two?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, I have over 200 courses and each has its own quizzes in there using new quizzes. As opposed to moderating each of the open-ended questions (video submissions, text submissions), is there a way that it would automatically be marked as "Comp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a new quiz that I made and it has matching questions but it is all or nothing on the grading. I want to easily move this into the original version of the quiz. So can this actually happen?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I edit a comment on an assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I download an instructor's video to watch offline?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I disable chat so my students do not text each other?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I resize an image?  I'd like all images on my course home page to be the same size.  Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

The Canvas gradebook has a sort feature that is tied to the assignment groups that have been set-up on the Assignment page in a course site.  However, if the assignment groups are set-up with the different weights for different course elements (like ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I make ALL ANNOUNCEMENTS visible on CANVAS to my students please?? Thank you!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was needing to view my students by separate class Groups not have them all listed at the same time. Has it changed with the New Gradebook? I cannot see how to do it? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Team,Need your expertise to address the following :I am unable to vieiw the announcements, assignments or any other details on the page. Attaching a scrrenshot for reference.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

CAN SOMEONE FROM UNI ADELAIDE ( MASTERS OF COMPUTING AND INNOVATION ) HELP ME FOR SOME QUEIRES .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I email a student through Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can not see any detail in my courses on dashboard.  can not copy content of past class to a current class

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Available Appointment times disappeared from my Calemdar. Three students just emailed me telling me they can’t find any times to meet with me. I looked at the class calendar and all my available meeting times have disappeared. Not only available time...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor who uses the audio recording tool for giving feedback to my students. But this week, my recordings are NOT saving or at least they are NOT ALWAYS saving, and I am wasting a lot of time rerecording my messages to students. Please fi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I built a 4 week course and invited students to join.  Students joined and began doing the work.  One of my students forgot his password.  Is there anyway I can reset his password?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a TA for a course (my persmissions for the course are set to Teacher) and one of my students told me he couldn't see my email on my Canvas profile. My university email is on my profile according to my settings, but when I look at my profile, it s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I bookmark a page in my course so that if I have to go out of it, say to check my calendar, I can go straight back to that page without having to navigate# through all the previous pages again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm currently grading essays via Quizzes.Next and have set it to hide all grades. I can see the eye with the slash on both SpeedGrader and my Gradebook (it's the new one). However, immediately after giving the essay a score, it changes it from "Hidde...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-27-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying my hand at a python script that will reset a batch of courses using the canvasapi, and I want to attempt it with the following:import csvimport sysfrom canvasapi import CanvasAPI_URL = "https://my.test.instructure.com"API_KEY = <your api k...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I've been trying for days and cannot subscribe to the course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,How do I archive a class?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been adding pictures to my quiz, and all of a sudden it no longer accepts pictures - like seconds apart.  It acts like it is working, but it isn't.  I've tried uploading from course files, from an upload, i've used multiple browsers, i've restar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for a course instructor to attach outcomes with rubrics and quizzes but maintain the traditional gradebook and still have the ability to track student outcome mastery? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies