Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The new grade book in Canvas will not load. It's been doing this off and on for the last couple of weeks.  I really need to access it today but am unable to.  Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you go into GRADES and use the email icon to message a student , once you send the message, is there a place where those messages are stored so that you can see that it was sent?  It appears that they do not show up in the inbox and they do not ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.  I just started using canvas as a teacher.  When I set up a new discussion is there a way to automatically notify the students when I publish it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had a teacher come to me with this question.  She is accustomed to clicking on Quizzes and seeing her most recent/published quizzes at the top.  Today, she sees everything in seemingly no discernible order that I could see.  Is anyone else seeing t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I add a test student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on speedgrader and it says, show all sections, all sections are not showing.  What to do?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to run a report that shows students who are receiving grades at the 'D' or 'F' level?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't see any information including course modules, the calendar, dashboard etc. I logged in, accepted the invitation to the selection round and it is still not working - the pages are blank. For instance, when I access a certain module subject, th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We noticed some UI functionality issues with the new Rich Text Editor.When we click to edit the page contents, the editor will resize the height to accommodate the length of the content.The editor toolbar will be out of reach if we are editing conten...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For teaching remotely can a time zone/place be set within Canvas itself for those who are delivering content to another time zone/place than where they are living?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up a course. I enter an exam.  What's the average? Oh, canvas can't tell me. I have to set up "Analytics" which apparently takes 24 hours.  To do what?  I can fly to Japan in less time. What is Canvas doing? Why doesn't the average just appear ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I submit an assignment on canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Mail - Kerklaan, Yvonne M - OutlookAre there is any proformas on Canvas that will allow me to collect and review data please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

it doesnt let me take a test!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, How can I request more storage space for files for my class? I'm about 89% of my total GB used, and I still have more recorded lectures to post. Thank you, Rebecca C. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What browser do I use to support canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add icons (pictures) for module links?  I would like to use icons rather than use the basic module drop down menu in my canvas course.Please advise,Marie

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The last two times my students have participated in a peer review, some of them can't see the feedback they received. The peer reviews are set up automatically in my course and I haven't changed anything so I'm confused. Each week students download t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I change my class frequently, because I am new to online and learning as I go.One of my students informed me they get an email everytime I make an update.I had no idea!  My students must be going crazy.Can someone help me to turn this function off?Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Physics and am looking to utilize Canvas at our school next year. When making a quiz, is it possible to make multiple numerical answers with an accompanying text answer?For example, I would like students to analyze one circuit, but ask them m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like my students to be able to use past quizzes as study material and exam prep, but my students have noted the following:1. If I put in an end date for quiz availability, it "disappears" from the students' view2. If I make a quiz available indef...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My dashboard can't display my course, just like this. Can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im new to canvas and this is very confusing (i miss bb).  When i click on assignments to submit my attestation form nothing populates but I know its due. Also, I can see the guidelines for the discussion post but I don't know where to go to start a n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This question is mostly for the documentation team. Occasionally I have seen some documentation show up as PDF files, for example: Canvas Account Role Permissions PDF Canvas Course Role Permissions PDF Canvas Icon Comparisons PDF Rich Content Editor ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I extended a quiz for one student and the grades for everyone else in the class disappeared from the grade book. The scores are still in there somewhere since I can see them in the quiz statistics and in the history. How do I get them back into the g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I login to Canvas on Internet Explorer?Note: Suggestions mentioning using another browser will be ignored.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a parent I found it hard trying to keep track of the assignments my son had completed / needed to complete or had completed in class on paper, so i had to create my self a spreadsheet in excel, which helped us both sort out his assignments. (Long ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I went to a training on making a video for my students to watch of me explaining something, but I do not remember how we access the video.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having a problem accessing the page. The canvas page has a different layout with extreme zoomed-in black and white images. I have tried clearing the data and it has not worked on the canvas page. I need help, please. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On February 20th and 21st I corrected a exam question in the Blueprint course. I synced the course with the children. The exam is locked for points and content. Today, the 24th, an instructor emails me that students got the question I had corrected l...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies