Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'd like my students to be able to use past quizzes as study material and exam prep, but my students have noted the following:1. If I put in an end date for quiz availability, it "disappears" from the students' view2. If I make a quiz available indef...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My dashboard can't display my course, just like this. Can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im new to canvas and this is very confusing (i miss bb).  When i click on assignments to submit my attestation form nothing populates but I know its due. Also, I can see the guidelines for the discussion post but I don't know where to go to start a n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This question is mostly for the documentation team. Occasionally I have seen some documentation show up as PDF files, for example: Canvas Account Role Permissions PDF Canvas Course Role Permissions PDF Canvas Icon Comparisons PDF Rich Content Editor ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I extended a quiz for one student and the grades for everyone else in the class disappeared from the grade book. The scores are still in there somewhere since I can see them in the quiz statistics and in the history. How do I get them back into the g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I login to Canvas on Internet Explorer?Note: Suggestions mentioning using another browser will be ignored.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a parent I found it hard trying to keep track of the assignments my son had completed / needed to complete or had completed in class on paper, so i had to create my self a spreadsheet in excel, which helped us both sort out his assignments. (Long ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I went to a training on making a video for my students to watch of me explaining something, but I do not remember how we access the video.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having a problem accessing the page. The canvas page has a different layout with extreme zoomed-in black and white images. I have tried clearing the data and it has not worked on the canvas page. I need help, please. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On February 20th and 21st I corrected a exam question in the Blueprint course. I synced the course with the children. The exam is locked for points and content. Today, the 24th, an instructor emails me that students got the question I had corrected l...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to start a group discussion for a 6th-grade class.  I listed questions in the Discussion link.  How do I allow kids to enter discussion to answer questions and respond to their classmates?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see that there are two unread responses under discussions, but I am unable to access them.  How do I do that?thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working on getting our Pearson Realize LTI integrated within our Canvas instance.  The way it needs to work is that I need to add the Pearson common cartridge file at the admin level and then add teachers as teachers to the course.  This is not...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I recently noticed that the ability to remove the assignment list/course summary from a Canvas syllabus is now included in the beta environment, and I have two questions:1) When will institutions be able to turn on this feature in production?2) Has t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the old grade book format I could hit "mute assignment" and enter grades as I graded then release them once they were all done (I have approximately 200 students).  It is only fair to release all grades at once but sometimes it takes days to read ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems like the equivalent of "treat missing grades as zero" doesn't work in the new version.I've tried to input 0 for "Grade percentage for missing submissions" but it doesn't seem to take. It certainly has no effect on the grade. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do i drop a student from my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a class for my students. I have published the module and the assignment. However, my students are unable to see my course on their CANVAS page. How do I make the class accessible to these students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like the ability to post a minimum and maximum response length in my discussion boards.  So that I decide whether this discussion board requires a brief response or a long response.  The word count feature is good, but this would be a "maximu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

#matching quizzes How do I set up a matching quiz to give partial credit? Right now for example, if it's a seven point quiz and the student gets 6 out of 7 items correct, they get a zero on the quiz. Is there a way to change the quiz to give them a 6...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can a send a message to a few students at the same time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you download media recording submissions to view later or to have on file outside of canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I load a PDF and have it open automatically in the course rather than the student having to download it and read it separately?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I change all assignments to "none" right now they are showing all up as missing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am using Canvas to facilitate in-class discussions where I first put students in groups to discuss face-to-face, and then want each group to write a response in the Canvas Discussion so that the whole class can see it and respond in a clear way...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot delete the test because I may have some students who still need to take it due to an absence.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can view just my submissions? In the Craft of Writing course, we are required to reply to fellow classmates and there can be 5-6 areas that require a response.   It would be helpful to track this to make sure I have completed all ass...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an IPhone 11 pro and it will not allow me to open up the "Home front page"  tab that is on my Physical Science class so I am not able to get the link where I turn in my homework from my phone. Please help. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

EXTREMELY CRITICAL EMERGENCY:One of my courses was d/c ( deleted) in error.  Is there a way to get it back?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've run into an issue that has occurred for three of our instructors now and I wanted to know if someone else has experienced the same thing and found a solution.The issue is that an instructor will be actively graded quizzes with open-ended questi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies