Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are currently evaluating our permissions regarding adding people to courses. We are curious what other institutions do and what your policies are surrounding this functionality.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,we have integrated Canvas with LTI and when student Submit the assignment in External APP via LTI, it is not taking submission date but when instructor grades the Submission it is taking that date as Submission date and if the due date is over mar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get submissions to go into the gradebook for all members of a group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I access my SENT messages?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add a 'per week' and an 'overall' one-time late deduction to the late assignment penalty options?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When trying to access Google Drive within a course, we are getting this message.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download media recording submissions? Used to be able to do that I thought. I need to be able to do that. Help please. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas isn't loading up its content properlyits all black and purple

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There was a glitch in a SIS import yesterday and students were temporarily removed from classes. We resolved the issue quickly, but apparently their appointments with instructors didn't come back with them as assignment grades and attendance do. Is t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone. Hoping for some advice. ive uploaded this image to a quiz. Is it possible to write in the boxes on the image. I beleave this sort of quiz is yet to be added to canvas. Hope that makes sense on what im wanting to do.Thank you fir any advi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When trying to read an extensively long description of an assignment, the page automatically scrolls back up to the top, every few seconds. The only way I have found to stop this, is to lock the wheel on my mouse and let it scroll slowly, but that is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Fetch all those groups in which user is present in course. Not all the groups of courseAnd how to generate SIS_ACCOUNT_ID

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a Canvas course with 25 quizzes that students have to take to pass the course. The quizzes were created using the New Quiz tool. I have somewhat trouble setting up the grading scheme. Here's what I want to achieve:The quizzes and the course sh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, In my Epi course  (6321 Epidemiology, Sectio 401), I have finished grading an assignment (CDC case analysis). After I posted the grades to students, I still find ONE grade for a student named (Kavita) that is NOT showing and shaded in green.  I a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a good way to have two students who live remotely to work together to create a video project with PPT's and picture-in-picture narration by both students?  Suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to change course image

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I was submitting an assignment to my teacher in Canvas tonight and all of a sudden Canvas looked like this. I am attaching 2 images that I screen shotted to show you what it is doing. Any time I click on courses it does not go to anything but the das...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have used all of my internet sources: Firefox, Safari, and Chrome and they are all up-to-date. Canvas will not open any files or assignments. I checked all of the security information, cleared the cache, enabled cookies. I have done everything and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to create an account as a Canvas teacher but when I try to create one, it never pops up the information. I am on mobile right now, but on PC, it pops up the info, yet I can’t click sign up. Please, can you fix this soon?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how can I restore a Module i just deleted

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My quizzes got all mixed up somehow this past weekend.  How can I put them in alphabetical order? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Online orientation link address, please 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I couldn't seem to find an existing discussion on this issue, so here goes...Is there any way I can grade submissions according to the order in which they were submitted (i.e., date and time). This isn't really a big issue for me, but I've always won...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send an email to all of my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I don’t have the assignments link on my navigation menu how can I submit written assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the registration code provided to you in the welcome on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor trying to create an assignment. I cannot get the Submission Type drop down menu to reappear so that I can change the files allowed type. Where did it go? How do I get it back to edit it?  Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can I get the LTIs that are being used in a Course with the APIs?  That is we need to understand which courses our designers have enabled different LTIs in and were hoping to be able to use the APIs to get that info.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have inherited a couple of university courses that use locked Microsoft word documents for the assignments (to keep formatting in place, etc.). I HATE these locked documents and the students without fail have many issues with them. When I taught hi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why am I unable to view my uploaded report for originality check? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies