Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am on a new laptop with an older OS operating system and my dashboard list view nor calendar will show anything. It is a white screen with no dates or anything. the only pages that have things are courses which will only list my courses, the conten...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My professor has told me she has posted my grade, however it still shows - of 20 for me on my end. This has now happened in another class, so I am starting to think it's a "me" problem. Is there a setting I need to change so that I can see my g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an instructor hide an "inactive" student from their roster?  Student has dropped the course, but their name still shows under "People"s tab.  Can their name be hidden?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I drop a class on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to use turnitin

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does the Dashboard interface work on Safari on a Mac?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi guys. This is the 1st time I ran into an issue like this I had forced to know to missed an exam and missed the make of exam is well. I am trying to locate the message I sent to them through thecanvas  grade book regarding the make up quiz but I ca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I connect OneNote to Canvas. I followed the instructions but then it tells me my username or password is incorrect. It is not incorrect, I am using right now.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying access assignments & do not see any. How does access them?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A number of students who appear on my attendance say they can't access the course page. How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, While grading papers I am entering the student grades, the column says its hidden but students say they are able to see the grades. How do I hide the grades that have already been posted? Thank you!Allison 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to have an assignment where students create a webpage as a group.  I have framed the assignment as a company marketing page, where they could see the importance of professional presentation and of coordinating the work of an entire group...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, allI created a quiz that included quiz instruction and some questions.after I published this quiz. Students always see quiz instruction while taking quiz.So does canvas have an option that allows me to show quizz instruction when the student goes...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I resubmit an assignment, can the lecturer see both of the submissions and the times that they were submitted? I'm asking because I resubmitted an assignment and I can only see this submission on my end.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a new faculty still learning how to work canvas. Recently, a student of mine submitted an open-ended quiz response in a different font. The exams are proctored, but I admit that the students are not monitored very well. I suspect this is from cop...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried clicking in the navigation panel to courses and all courses but it says I'm not enrolled at all.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my courses are not loading on my dashboard and some of my modules don't load either, help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to post a video on a discussion board reply for an assignment and it just keeps saying "Saving reply..." and not actually saving 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI there! My canvas is not working. My cards are blank even though I am registered for classes and When I click on any tab it just takes me to a blank page. I am not sure whats going on?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While grading, I used to be able to "mute" an assignment in the top left by clicking on the eyeball. This allowed me to grade all speeches but only allow students to see grades when I "unmuted" the assignment.Now I can "hide" grades, but it doesn't w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I was working on an assignment when the text box simply disappeared. The assignment was not turned in. I tried going the undelete route described in the Canvas Guides but only got a access denied page with a lock on it. Are there any further s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Canvas email address is incorrect.  I do not even have access to that email address.  How can I make this change?Thank you,Carrie E. WilliamsSFID: 5800-1276

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school district has Digital Learning Days so that for any reason the school is closed, the students and staff are able to log in and do coursework, check emails, etc. and when hours and work are turned in later, the day counts and does not have to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I move my Dashboard cards into a specific order, but they move when I refresh the page. How do I make the order "stick"? Supposedly, moving them where I want them should fix them in place, but that's not happening.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to create additional groups within a Work-group and add content like modules within this group? I can create groups, but there is no way for me to access the groups themselves currently. Hopefully, that makes sense. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can your organization make a change in the "Quizzes" option?I want my students to have two attempts at the quiz, but it throws them to have to answer ALL the questions. Can you install a fix? When choosing "allow multiple attempts", can we have the o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello -I have an instructor who reported that even though a student responded incorrectly on a quiz question, Canvas marked it as correct and gave the points. (see screen shot)Any advice?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For example, is there a file of our uploaded documents on Canvas from all courses we have been enrolled in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just found out that in the Student View the students are able to see the assignment statistics.  E.g. on an exam the high, low and average grade.  Can this feature be disabled?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The conversation is being tracked by the website, so if we do say anything bad we'll be punished. but then doesn't it make sense to allow communication between classmates through canvas? If it is an option though, how do I get there?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies