Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I need to undo and redo a random assignment of students to groups. How this is best done without deleting the whole group set?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas dashboard had all 5 of my classes on in. I then went into it during the day yesterday and one of my classes was missing. I clicked the view all courses and found it in my past enrollments (I am still currently enrolled in it). I went to cli...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Rather than calling attention to some text, the text is blocked out. That makes the highlighter useless for me. Any way to change it back to the transparency it used to have?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The feature is on in settings.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a folder for students to upload their completed assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to find the example of a video coaching session assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an ESOL teacher who works with K-2 students.  I am also a student in the Unpacking the Elementary ELA Common Core Standards class.  How can I finish out the course if I don't have a 2nd peer who submitted videos for viewing and feedback?  I have...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I manually enter grades in the grade book? I don't see the little triangle that allowed me to download files.In the past, I could go down the list and click on each individual student and enter a grade. This was perfect for when a student turn...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I had a student ask for them while they were attempting to watch a video that is embedded within the course. No audio would come out of video on Edge or Chrome on the desktop but other audio on the computer worked. It was only the videos within Canva...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

In our curriculum, we have several courses ( consisting of assignments, hands-on excerices, etc) delivered by different teacher, who each maintain their own Cnavas course.Now we need to average the final grades of all these courses into one semester-...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In my course I have three assignments.One assignment results in a score of max 100 points.The other two are complete / incomplete assignmentsThe student can only get the final grade (score for the first assignment) if the other two are completed.Thes...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I know you can copy modules and assignments, but sometimes there is a page or a file that needs to get added to each course and it gets time-consuming to have to do it multiple times.  Also, it gets easy to forget a course.  Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create a practice shell for a new instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In my office, the computer screen is against the window and visible to everyone in the room.  If a student enters with a query on a course I want to access this student's grades.  As it stands, I have to open the gradebook and when it is loaded (taki...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am aware that it is possible to drag and move columns about in the grade book, but it only works within the current browser view. If I want to see all the titles in the columns (which is essential else I have no idea what is what) I can only see ab...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think the subject line explains it. I am writing a canvas quiz with a numerical answer question.  I am expecting a number of students to give the same incorrect answer for the same incorrect working and want to explain where they went wrong.  As it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am the instructor. i dpn't need an email telling me all the students who attended class each day. How do I turn it off?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've built a quiz which has become too big and would like to split it into two quizzes. Is there an easy way to copy the content of the quiz in the same course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to close a student's assignments temporarily until they contact me about plagiarism. How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there an on-board feature in Canvas to incorporate Badges in course content?  Or, do I have to add the LTI app through the Badgr tools, external to a Canvas Course at the University of KY?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

my canvas doesn't show the dashboard or the calendar it says I need to update the javascript how to I go about that

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Everything is up and available to all my classmates for the last two courses, yet on my account I can only see the courses. I can't turn anything in nor get further access to anything.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a section in the ASSIGNMENTS section called CHAPTER Tests. When I input a test it asks how many points the test is out of. I put in the number. When I start inputting grades, the points possible disappears. Help please!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to video conference into a lab night using Collaborate Ultra I get a Failure code : J10 which will not allow me to join the webinar. What does this code mean? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click to join a live webinar on collaborate Ultra I get a failure code J10 which will not let me video conference onto the lab night. What does this code mean and how do I join the lab night video conference. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to give students a second attempt at a quiz, but I would like to impose a "penalty" for the second attempt. For example, the student might get 80% (or 75% or 90%) of the points earned on the second attempt. Is this possible to set up so ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What Is The URL ADDRESS / WEB ADDRESS For Canvas Course Guides 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can i find a step by step guide to learn excel?I saw that guide in the course page but somehow I can't find it now.  I am taking a business class and need to learn how to do and navigate on spread sheets.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I place a course that is in the Admin into my Canvas Dashboard and if so how do I do it?RegardsPeter

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

An instructor has a group of quizzes that are all out of order. I looked into it for him and found this thread discussing that quizzes by default are ordered by due date then alphabetically. This doesn't seem to be the case in this instance as the du...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2020 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 16 Replies