Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

It appears when minimizing/maximizing column width, the assignment headers shift to the point where you cannot identify which student grade is associated with which assignment. This happens particularly when you scroll the browser window to left or r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created my quiz, I  can see it, but the students cannot see any questions. It's published.Dashboard says 'Quizzes not visible to students.' How do I change that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a problem with an exam through Canvas. The students have already taken it, but I needed to remove a few questions that were from the wrong bank.I went in after the exam was closed and removed the questions, but the grades are wrong now. It was...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned a graded discussion as an assignment. Students post and respond to another students' post. I can see their posts and responses on my end, and I'm now in the process of grading. But students are panicking because Canvas is showing "Missing"...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i do my homework assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-06-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does the MAB AB 508 (2019) course count towards and California nursing CEU hours? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Community!I'm an administrator at a small Art & Design school, and we're struggling with figuring out where to cap the personal file storage for users.As you might imagine for a school with our focus, many of our courses involve critique in an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have build ibooks (apple) interactive notes and I am wondering if I can somehow import them in canvas (not just pdf file). Any experience with this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to make one calendar with this semesters info on it instead of manually writing it all out I am sure its possible any pointers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to enter a quiz in canvas, but it's not giving me a space to put in the point value of the quiz.  Where is that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created a quiz in Classic.I have no quiz instructions to give the students.  So, Quiz Instructions is blank.  Yet, this is what it shows in Preview:This seems confusing to me.  There are no instructions, so it has no reason to be there.How do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Where can I find the Student Activity Manual questions for Exploraciones 2nd Edition Chap12?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use peer reviews for my relatively large class. I check who has not completed their peer reviews by clicking on the "Peer Reviews" under the assignment page, which is nice because it highlights students who have not done theirs and gives the option...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As I am reviewing a student's involvement in my course I am using the analytical data from the students analytics. When it says "Page View" does that mean the number of different pages the student has viewed on the course site? Participation would be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

quiz grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I randomize (i. e., shuffle) questions in a quiz?  Answers can be shuffled.  Why not the questions?Please, note: I am not asking about how to make a Question Group.  Rather, when I make a quiz, I want to be able to randomize the questions w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to access Waypoint. It keeps asking me for my user name and password, which it has never done before. I have tried all three possibilities (my student email, my gmail, and my student id) and none of them work. As it has never asked me thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is crosslisting a section the only way to share content between sections/courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to time limit an assignment?  For example: I have students do proofreads to improve their editing skills, as well as increase awareness of mistakes in their own writing. I want to limit the time for the assignment to prevent copying/pa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. I'm trying to export exam questions from McGraw-Hill Connect and import them to Canvas. Is there a way to batch upload ("transfer questions at once")? Or do we have to transfer individual questions manually?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My students submit assignments in html format - it's output from RMarkdown. The speedgrader doesn't appear to give me the option to mark up or add inline comments to the assignments. Am I missing something or is Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a book or books to use with my teachers in the fall with a book study.  It is for a technology thread in the teacher leadership academy.  Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to set up a coursemail. How do I do it? I use to be able to create one with umeg easily.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When making a matching question in quizzes.next, I have the option of adding Additional Distractors. However, when I go to type in the box to add distractors, I can only type one letter at a time. I type one letter, and the box suddenly deselects and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help in registering my courses. There is something that I am missing. I have followed the directions but the courses will not publish. Please help me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,I am trying to do some testing regarding Broken Link notifications and I am trying to trigger the system to send me one. What are the specific circumstances that causes one of these notifications to be sent? I have located a dead link and copy-pas...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I log into canvas on my laptop I am not able to pull up assignments or quizzes. Anyone know how to help with this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I migrate files from one year to the next on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

so i have one problem with my quiz i finish my three first quiz but when i try finish my last quiz the computer tell me i cant what are need to do ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I manually increase or decrease the size of all assignment columns at the same time in the Gradebook?  Right now I can manually increase or decrease the size of any individual assignment column in the Gradebook one at a time which takes a lot...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies