Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I might need to ask a favor from our Canvas genus-group.I've asked by one of our faculty in our school that the comments in the rubric showed up to students, but not score even when the assignment itself was muted and hid  (students can use the rubri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to add the Google Apps LTI to a "Free for Teacher" Canvas account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am wondering if there's any way to do mail merge-type of messaging in Canvas.For example, if I have an Excel file with student's last name, first name, along with some other data.  Could I use Canvas message just like email?The only reason I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have a conference invite, but don't know or see how to join.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My name is Obianuju Chimezie Nwankwo, I registered for Essential Physiology and Anatomy course so I started following the step by step instructions yesterday but I could not download the Respondus LockDown Browser, I was told to upgrade my Wind...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I submitted a ticket to Canvas support and they suggested asking the question here. Is there a way to create a custom report to query:1. Canvas page/URL where the “https://videomanager.du.edu/” or “https://wrangler.du.edu/ “ link is referenced2. Cour...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to submit an assignment for which I have to attach two files, but every time I hit "Submit Assignment," it won't let me, giving the message , "Attached files must be greater than 0 bytes." Well, they are. For reference, the two files I'm t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Working with a special education student who uses google read and write (text to speech) on all written work. When uploading a google cloud assignment, the text to speech option is not available. The student does have access to the full Google R&W su...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title suggests, I'm in a bind here.How can students be chased if the ability to message students who have not submitted is disabled because of anonymous marking?The workflow we use is as follows: We use Tii LTIA student has been graded in Tii....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good morning all,Does anyone have trouble uploading images to Quiz questions using the new RCE?Many thanks!Courtney

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have multiple reviewers for a few projects that are being submitted right now.  - is it possible for this to happen in the free for teachers account?- if so, the other reviewers are TAs, is it still possible?- how do I ensure this is enabled?- tips...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!A lot of our students experience trouble when uploading films in assignments. The page just keeps on loading, and the film never seems to get handed in. However, they have no problems uploading the films using wetransfer.com and sending it to my e...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What do the blue green red and yellow icons mean next to the student's grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering if it's possible to cancel a question in an active graded quiz. The instructor set up a wrong question, and now we need to cancel this question for all students and give the point of this question for all of them. Since it's more than 1...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear all, Here in Swansea University we are investigating the use of Digital Badges.  We are looking to use them for CPD based activities, and to recognise “status” in some areas, such as, if you are a mentor or an assessor for our internal HEA Fello...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi.I uploaded a file to a Canvas course that was invisible for the students as they were not suppose to see it yet.However, the system mailed the students with the file saying it had been attached to the course.This caused some major issues for us.Is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find the dates for renewal dates for a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i upload a picture to canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey everyone. I'm stuck on the MathQuill editor. Getting a line over symbols is easy, use \overline. But what if I want an arch over the symbols?⌢DC AThis question is done to the point of using the overline but not sure how to get the arch for the D ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, what restrictions are there for sub-account names?For example, how many characters are allowed, are special characters allowed, can I use Chinese characters?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does the Canvas tool - Magic Marker - still exist? It seems like a really great tool and I can think of multiple uses for it!Thanks,Mary

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-30-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

#I work for Kaiser and am applying for the stipend through the Ben Hudnall Memorial Scholarship Program.  I am asked to provide the acceptance letter I received from Coastline College.  Where can I find this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and currently have a Canvas Free account.  The school I teach at is now sponsoring Canvas.  Can I register my Canvas Free account with my school?  How do I do that, if I can?Thanks,Mike Smiley

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to assign an ongoing weekly journal to students that will be graded at the end of the semester. I want students to be able to add to it each week, so that I can see they are keeping up with it. I only want me and the student to be able to acce...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am new to Canvas and have been unable to create a course as an instructor.  How do I do that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do imported course materials lose the links? How do I "re-link" them after the importing is done?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to print a test bank showing the full questions.  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I mute an assignment when I have used turnitin? I see the mute function for other assignments, but not when using turnitin.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies